Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Black Friday TV Deals

So I'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger size TV.  Wanted opinions on the deals for Black Friday.  I was looking at the SHARP 60" LED 1080P 120hz for $999.99.  But I'm kinda dissapointed that SEARS has same set right now for same price.  There are also reviews suggesting picture is not as great as higher 'SMART' model.  Would've hoped for a better Black Friday deal as price is same as SEARS.  I'm also looking at the Toshiba 50" LED 1080P 60hz for $399.99.  I'm not too thrilled about the brand and specs, but seems like a good deal at that price.  The other deal is the Panasonic 55" LED 1080P 120hz SMART 3D at $899.99.  Bundled soundbar and wireless subwoofer for additional $150.  I don't HAVE to have SMART/3D but it seems like good option at that price.  What do you all think? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Black Friday TV Deals

The Toshiba seems like a good deal to me if you're not impressed with 120hz. The Panasonic bundle is good for those looking for a more complete home theater experience. I'm really not a big fan of Sharp at all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Contributor

Thanks SlimJim,

I think I may be going for the Panasonic deal.  I just had a Geek Squad Home Theatre Consultation today and received the $100 coupon off purchase of $499.99+.  The agent was great too even fixed my in-wall speakers.  Maybe there's no real good answer for this, but would you say TV deals sell out fast during Black Friday?  I'm asking because I was planning to purchase the TV during early access for Premier Silver members but the $100 coupon is good for in-store only.

Trusted Contributor

Yes they sell out when doors open normally.

TVs are the one thing people wait days outside for
Contributor

wow that's good to know. Good thing I didn't risk it!!!

Re: Toshiba TV Deals

For those of you wanting to get in on the 40" Toshiba HDTV - you're already too late!!!  I talked with Best Buy Customer service yesterday and was told they have NONE in stock.   They have known this for days!!!  I was told yesterday morning that I was the 7th person inquiring about the Toshiba.  They know they don't have the product yet they're STILL advertising it???   Shame on you, Best Buy.  i'm not wasting my time or money at your stores.

The Toshiba TV may SEEM like a good deal - only problem is Best Buy's Black Friday ad is deceptive.  Best Buy doesn't even have any 40" Toshiba HDTVs.   NONE!!  Channel 19 News (Cleveland) reported on one poor soul who started camping out at Best Buy last Thursday.  That poor customer was talking about the money he 'knows' he'll save on the 40" Toshiba by being the first in line for Black Friday.  BB has known for days they don't even have the product but hasn't bothered to post this information at the door.   I'm not wasting my time or $ shopping at Best Buy.  Wal-Mart .... here I come!!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I wonder if anyone was able to purchase it yesterday in the Premier Silver Early Access event.
Frequent Contributor

AceJohn wrote:
I wonder if anyone was able to purchase it yesterday in the Premier Silver Early Access event.

I checked both the preview they had of all the items, and after the sale started and it wasn't there.

Trusted Contributor

Ummm... You sure that they have none?

If you call up and inquire about store stock they take BF items out of stock so uneducated phone associates don't tell a customer "yes we have 8" then the customer comes to store and they can't sell them any as they are reserved for BF.

Trust me they have enough for the door buster sales. If not they would be in a world of hurt, legally speaking. Stop posting blatent lies, as you don't know