Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Best way to hook up new samsung tv

I just bought a Samsung 40 inch 5 series smart hdtv and am looking for the best way to hook it up.  I currently have a set up where my cable goes into a dvr cable box, which connects to a vcr/dvd combo by RCA yellow, red and white cables, which connects to my old tv with RCA cables as well.  Would  the same set up work with the new tv, or is there a better way to do it?  I do have a hdmi connector on my cable box, but not the dvd/vcr unit.  Thanks for any advice you can give!

Highlighted
Topics: 1,161
Kudos: 577
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 281

Re: Best way to hook up new samsung tv

Many TV sets still have the red white yellow input. If your cable or sattelite box is HDMI Capable you can connect it direct.

Also your TV may have the red white and yellow input. If you have this , connect direct as usual for your combo.

Please note that on televisions that have this connectivity, you may find a Component out cable that mixes the colors together. In this case you can connect the Yellow cable to one input which would act as the yellow input and then connect your Red / White (L/R) Inputs and you would be set.

I purchased a 32 inch Westinghouse Roku TV lately for my games and it still had the White, Red and Yellow inputs. If you don't have these inputs you can purchase an adapter which can convert this into an HDMI Signal and translate it to AV

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Thanks for the info.  If I set  the new tv up as it is now with the red, yellow and white cables, will I get HD picture that way, or would I need to set it up somehow with an hdmi cable for that?

Highlighted
Topics: 1,161
Kudos: 577
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 281

The Cable Box is most likely HDMI ready already.l Unless you are coming from an older TV and have an older set top box then the cable company needs to replace the box with one compatible.

You can connect your VCR /DVD Combo to the TV but most likely won't get a HD Picture unless its HDMI Capable. However the picture quality would be slightly improved over a CRT Television. 

They do not sell combo units at Best Buy anymore. 

Consider yourself lucky you have such a unit because they are super expensive used on the market. 

You can upgrade to a Blu Ray player for not too much. Typically they can be found on sale for $59.99 as of this one 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-streaming-audio-blu-ray-player-black/5979505.p?skuId=5979505

And it will be compatible with all your DVD Movies and new Blu Ray Disks you may encounter. You may also find your older DVD movies will look more clearer and sharper through HDMI Up conversion which makes older movies appear better. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***