Add Product

Search Results:

Best Location For HDTV??

Ok When U Buy a HDTV do U supposed To keep it In a Dark Low Place Like the Basement Or can u use a HDTV on a Higher Level Let say In The Attic would that be a good idea To Have one there or is that Too High to recieve a signal?
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Location For HDTV??

You are kidding right? A TV can be used in any room of the house. If it is a Plasma a room with alot of sunlight or lighting can produce some pretty bad reflections. LCD TV'S do not have this problem as the screen is a matte finish.

Bob

well i say That Cause I have an LCD HDTV and It worked Fine in my Basement Now I Moved to the Attic Cause the Basement is too Cold and It Flood a Lot down there i dont wanna Lose my TV in the flood but in the attic It dont pick up much Digitial Station as my Basement does it keep saying No signal
Valued Contributor

No signal? How do you receive your broadcasts? Is it by antennae, satelite or cable? It sounds like something is not hooked up right. I would double check all connections to start with.

Bob

Trusted Contributor

I'll assume you use an antenna as the source on TV.

Insure the antenna is plugged in. Play with the position of the antenna to get the best results. You may need to adjust the position of the antenna from channel to channel. This is normal. Run the channel setup/search again, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm quite surprised you have worse reception in an upstairs room than in the basement.

Typically, for the purposes of over the air reception of radio signals (including broadcast TV), the higher the better for the antenna.

Of course, if you have a roof mount antenna (or cable) feeding house wiring, then all bets are off as the wiring could be counterintuitive.

In the case of cable, the cable feed might enter in the basement (and hence be strongest there) and may go through splitters before being routed to the rest of the house.

In many cases roofmount antennas leverage existing wiring, and guess what - that existing wiring often starts from the basement and the antenna's feedline is dropped to the basement and then signals are routed back up through the house.

Edit:  To the original poster,

Cable TV or Over-the-Air Broadcast?

If OTA Broadcast, are you using one antenna to feed in-wall wiring of the house, or do you have an antenna attached directly to the TV?

Message Edited by Entropy on 01-22-2009 02:28 PM
------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.