Add Product

Search Results:

Best Hard Drive for Samsung Smart TV

I hope someone can help.

I had a Panasonic TV with a Bravia hard drive plugged in. This hard drive allowed me from using the remote to create folders, rename movies it was AMAZING. I had all my series programmes in one folder and all controlled from the tv remote no need to connect to a pc.

I have now bought a Samsung TV Q95 Series. I have also bought an Intenso 2TB hard drive. Whilst I can record movies I no-longer have the ability to group what is recorded into nice neat and relevant folders so that when I access the hard drive there is a huge list of movies and programmes which you have to scroll through, it is a mess. Sometimes when recording a programme it can also pick up the “title” name from the previous showing if there is a slight timing overlap, do being able to amend recorded title bands can be very useful, as well as grouping programmes together. I used to have my kids shows in one folder, series programmes also in their own folder, now the shows on the Intenso hard drive are just one long unmanageable list. Is there a hard drive for Samsung smart TV which allows easy editing and grouping together of movies/programmes that have been recorded. Seems I have gone back 5 years. Many thanks!
Valued Expert

Re: Best Hard Drive for Samsung Smart TV

Sounds like more of a software that existed on your Panasonic or the Bravia HDD to organize you data than it is a HDD issue.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Ok thank you I suspected that, maybe the Samsung developers should hire the Panasonic guys 😂

It seems that Panasonic who recommended the Bravia hard drive which is designed for the Panasonic tv have made software changes to the tv and Bravia also with to their hard drive so much so that those devices are well suited to each other, The Bravia hard drive I noticed wasn’t compatible with the Samsung tv. I will probably buy a Panasonic TV with a Bravia or other recommended hard drive as seems clear their software teams are light years ahead of Samsung when my Samsung tv is replaced in the future.