Add Product

Search Results:

Any way to make a cable box wireless?

Most questions seem to be about the connection between the cable box and the TV. I am wondering about the connection between the cable box and the wall.

Thank you!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Any way to make a cable box wireless?

To clarify.... Who is your cable provider and what city are you located?  Some cable providers are using wireless cable boxes.  Great idea when you need to move your TV from room to room.

BTW.... while your cable connection is wireless... your power cords are not.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Another option are those SmartTV's and streaming sticks like Roku for cord cutters.  It's one way make your cable box wireless.

I know I will still have to provide power... I also know that there will always be wires somewhere. I just need to be able to get a coax connection from one side of the house to the other.

I have Verizon Fios, however, something is wrong with the wiring in the back of the house, and it's simply impossible to get in the walls. The landlord is against installing exterior wiring, even if I hide it.

I don't have a Smart TV, but I have a Chromecast and Netflix which is the only way we can watch anything in the bedroom. The only way to get Fios in the bedroom would be to run a wire from a splitter in the living room, down the hall, across 2 walls in the kitchen, across 2 doorways, and into the bedroom. It would simply look terrible, and might be hazardous, especially to my 1 & 2 year olds.

Oh sorry, and my city is Taunton, MA.