06-10-2020 07:49 AM
55" Toshiba Fire T.V.: 55LF711U20
Vizio Soundbar: S2920w-C0
Charter Remote: not sure of model
Using optical connection.
T.V. remote does not control T.V. Sound and Soundbar sound at the same time.
When trying to control volume with charter remote, a little pop up states:
"Volume control buttons are not curently supported for your current audio output device"
I've played with the audio settings on tthe T.V. with no satisfactory results.
Please help if you can.
06-24-2020 10:46 AM
Hi there, sue49841,
Welcome to our Best Buy forum community!
I know I'm a fan of just having one remote to control my different devices, so I can understand why you'd want that as well. From what you've told me, it seems that your Charter remote needs to be properly set-up so it can function the way you want. I'm glad you decided to reach out to us for assistance, as we'd love to try and help you figure this out. That said, we appreciate how patient you've been while waiting for a reply, as we're currently handling a larger volume than normal. However, we are working to get to everyone as quickly as we can.
To set-up your Charter remote to work with your different devices, please follow these steps:
1. Find out your device’s four-digit code to program the remote. That code should be in the manual you received with the remote. However, if you don't have that manual you should be able to find out the code by visiting Charter Spectrum's site.
2. Next, turn on the device that you want to program.
3. Press the relevant button on your remote that corresponds with the device to be programmed such as your TV or soundbar.
4. Press and hold the “Setup” button until you see a red indicator light blink twice.
5. Use the keypad on the remote to enter the four-digit code that you found in the manual/website.
6. Then you'd want to keep the “Power” button on the remote pressed until the device turns off.
7. Notice that if it doesn’t turn off, start over again from Step 3 and try the next code to program your device.
Once you're finished getting the TV programmed with the remote, you can start those steps over so that it's programmed to work with your soundbar as well. If you're still having trouble getting the remote to work with your devices as intended, I recommend giving Charter Spectrum a call at (855) 855-4578.
Hope that helps!