Learn more about Geek Squad® installation service and how it can improve your home theater experience.
Why do I need professional installation?
- Time – Our installation professionals have installed thousands of home theaters. They do it quickly and efficiently.
- Aesthetics – Our installation professionals ensure your home theater flows seamlessly into the design of your home.
- Knowledge – Our installation professionals undergo hours of training to serve you better.
What do I need to do?
- Start with an in-home consultation if you'd like an expert to help you get started, which you can schedule on our site here.
- Choose the home theater setup that fits your needs.
- Schedule your installation time — we'll do all the work.
How do I schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment?
Call 1-800-GEEK SQUAD (1-800-433-5778). Or you can manage your appointment from BestBuy.com using the In-Home Appointment Manager.
Who performs my professional installation?
Your installation will be performed by a Geek Squad® agent specifically trained in home theater installation.
What will the installation professional do at my home?
Your installation professional will:
- Conduct a pre-installation survey upon arrival at your home.
- Explain the work to be performed and any options available to you.
- Complete the installation, integrate your newly purchased components into your existing system and ensure that everything works correctly.
- Provide you with a brief educational demonstration of your home theater and answer any questions.
Do I need to do anything before the installation?
You just need to clear a path, remove fragile items from the surrounding area and provide adequate floor protection. Please ensure that any pets are removed from the area(s) in which our professionals will be working. An adult must be on site (we suggest the primary user). Then, when we're finished, you just need to kick back and enjoy.
Can I make a return for installation or service costs, after installation is complete?
No, installation costs cannot be reimbursed after the installation is complete.
Is installation restricted from any locations?
Yes, we cannot provide installation for the following locations: Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, AA-Armed Forces and AE-Armed Forces.
Do the installation prices include extra parts?
They include labor only, with a few exceptions. Speaker installations include standard speaker wire. Items like extra cables and accessories are not included, so don't forget to purchase those additional items needed for installation.
Could there be additional charges?
In some situations, in order to complete your installation, additional charges could occur. Our installation professional will provide a quote before performing any work involving additional charges such as labor beyond the normal scope of work, or additional accessories.
Circumstances Requiring Additional Charges:
Our installation professional will provide quotes before performing work for which additional charges may be incurred. The following list of conditions that may result in the assessment of additional charges is not intended to be exhaustive.
- All prices are for residential installations only. New home construction installations require additional charges.
- Non-land travel, such as water ferry or air travel that may be required to complete the installation.
- Installations where masonry walls, plaster, or solid concrete walls must be penetrated.
- Custom installation of components or wiring beyond the normal scope of work for installation purchased.
- Outdoor wire trenching.
- Any additional wires, parts or accessories necessary to complete the installation.
- Any residential locations that involve inadequate access to the wall in which wire is to be hidden (For example, there is no attic or basement access to the wall where the wire is to be hidden, or the wire is to be hidden in an external wall that contains insulation, vapor barrier or any other obstructions).
- Furniture assembly – this is a separate service.
- Additional demonstration time.
- Programming of advanced "learning" remotes – this is a separate service.
- Any installation that requires over a 24-foot ladder to complete the installation.
- Additional RG-6 cable and/or amplification required.
- Installation of a telephone jack.
NOTE: Our installation professionals are not authorized to perform — and will NOT perform — any electrical, floor covering or carpentry work.
You can browse the most common Home Theater installation packages and pricing here! If you're completely unsure which items would be best for your home, and which services can get you that dream I highly suggest scheduling an appointment with our In-Home Advisors.