Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

trouble setting up bluetooth speaker

I just bought the bluetooth wireless speaker and am having trouble setting it up with my computer.  My computer recognizes the speaker and is pairing with it, but the initial set-up keeps asking me to install the CD that came with the speaker.  Since the speaker does not come with a CD, I keep getting a device driver not successfully installed error message.  Any help that anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Visitor

Re: trouble setting up bluetooth speaker

Hello tgill02,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

We'll be happy to look into this concern if you'll please reply with your Rocketfish product model number.

Regards,

Maria

Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Maria,

The model # is RF-WSP313.

Thanks!

Visitor

Hello tgill02,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Because this device should be connecting to the Bluetooth service on your computer, It does not have any drivers. If your computer is prompting you to install drivers, you may need to see if your Operating System is needing a update to your Bluetooth software installed on the computer. What version Operating System are you using?

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Jon,

I'm using Windows Vista.  I also probably should have clarified that the computer itself does not have internal bluetooth capability, I also bought a Rocketfish USB bluetooth adapter (model #RF-MRBTAD) when I purchased the speaker.  The adapter did come with a CD to download the software, which I believe has been installed succesfully.  I don't believe my problem is with the adapter since the computer does recognize the speaker as a bluetooh device to connect to.

Thanks,

Tom

Visitor

Hello tgill02,

Thank you for responding!

If you have the Bluetooth Icon in your system tray, the Adapter is recognized and working, so you should be good there. So the adapter gives the computer a "voice" to use Bluetooth, but it does not teach it all the Bluetooth Languages(profiles).

Since you are able to pair with the speaker, Both devices have Bluetooth functionality, but at this point the computer is not understanding what to do with the Bluetooth connection.

Check your "My Bluetooth devices, and see if it is showing information for the speaker in there. If so, then go to your Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound/Manage Audio Devices, does it show the speaker in there? If it does, right click and set as default audio device. Then play something and see if you get anything through the speaker.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support