Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Wireless HD Audio (Sound Issue)

I've had the Wireless HD audio starter kit for about 2 years now with no issues whatsoever. Recently - the unit was powered on and the surge protector we had it plugged into was powered off. There was a pop through the speakers. We paid no mind to it until 2 days later when my wife and I decided to watch a movie and noticed that there wasnt any sound coming out of the rears. I went through all of the trouble shooting tips. I first paired the units together again - and all the lights indicating that the pair was sucessful were fine.  I made sure that the mute function was off and that there was adequate stream and source volume. Still nothing. I triple checked all the wired connections to all of the speakers and nothing. I even disconnected the rear speakers to test them and make sure they were in working order and they had sound coming through them when i plugged them in hardwired from the receiver. I am truly stumped. Is it entirely possible that the pop was signalling that the unit malfunctioned once losing power like that. I  am going to put this question out there before i go and purchase another unit.  Its really disappointing because other than this issue - I loved the unit.

Topics: 499
Kudos: 41
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 203

Re: Wireless HD Audio (Sound Issue)

Hello Mnewton911, 

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

We'll be happy to look into this concern if you'll please reply with your product model number!

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

RF-RBKIT

Visitor

Hello Mnewton911,

I would like some clarification please, you stated "Recently - the unit was powered on and the surge protector we had it plugged into was powered off.". Did you mean that the unit was turned on, there was a pop, then the surge protector turned off? Also have you connected your speaker directly to your receiver to ensure they are functioning properly?

Highlighted
Visitor

The  Sender Unit Was owered On Plugged into a Surge protector on one side of the room. The Receiver unit was also plugged into a surge protector on the other side of the room and powered. The Surge Protector powering the sender unit was unplugged from the wall and then caused a loud pop which was audible through the rear speakers.  I am now unable to hear anything through my rear speakers.  I disconnected each rear speaker and then hardwired them into the receiver to see if the physical speakers were dmaged. Sound Came through each speaker that was hard wired to the receiver.  I am wondering if the actual unit became damaged as a result of the power loss and which one would e the culprit. I am vexed.

Visitor

Hello Mnewton911,

It is likely that the unit became non-functional as a result of it being improperly powered down. This is not always the case with devices being unplugged before being turned off, but it can cause issues. As a result, I would suggest  taking the unit to your local Geek Squad for a hardware diagnosis.