Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

USB 3.0 SSD Drive connected to RF-P2USB3 runs very slow

I recently purchased a Super Talent USB 3.0 Express RC8 50GB SSD Flash Drive which provides read speeds of ~ 250 MB/s and write speeds of ~ 180 MB/s. (http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/super-talent-usb-3-0-express-rc8-50gb-ssd-flash-drive-review-cry...).  Since the motherboard on my computer does not provide native USB 3.0 support I also bought a Rocketfish™ 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Interface Card from Best Buy, model # RF-P2USB3. After installing the RocketFish USB card I ran CrystalDisk Mark and Atto Disk BenchMark to test my new flash drive but was only able to acheive read speeds of ~ 150 MB/s and write speeds of ~ 95 MB/s.

Initially I thought that I had purchased a faulty SSD Flash Drive but I tested this drive on another computer using CrystalDisk Mark and Atto Disk BenchMark and was able to achieve read speeds of ~ 250 MB/s and write speeds of ~ 180 MB/s.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on an EVGA P55 SLI E655 Motherboard with an Intel i7 860 CPU and 16 GB RAM.  I've installed the latest version of the Renesas USB 3.0 driver and  tried switching the card to a different PCI slot but unfortunately that did not make any difference.

Any thoughts on how I might be able to get actual USB 3.0 Speeds out of my USB 3.0 card?

Regards

Visitor

Re: USB 3.0 SSD Drive connected to RF-P2USB3 runs very slow

Moved the RF-P2USB3 card to an X8 PCI slot and the flash drive works like a champ!