Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Rocketfish mhl HDTV adapter

I have a Samsung smart TV and a Samsung galaxy s5. Two weeks ago I went to best buy and bought this rocketfish adapter bc I wanted to stream movies from my phone to my TV and I don't have the luxuries of wifi. Well it worked perfect for about 2 weeks then all of a sudden it stopped working. Now it keeps telling me no signal. So, I thought it was the rocketfish, so I brought it back and they happily exchanged it for me with no problems. Then I get home and still not working. I even went and bought a new hdmi cord bc I thought that might be the problem, but unfortunately still nothing. I called customer support and they couldn't help me. If anyone has any advice PLEASE HELP!! I love to be able to stream movies from my phone to my TV, but unfortunately for now I have a $40 paperweight.
PLEASE HELP!!
Visitor

Re: Rocketfish mhl HDTV adapter

Hello keet504,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Have there been any recent updates downloaded on your phone? Sometimes when a phone manufacturer changes their software, peripheral devices, such as MHL adapters, will require a new application to be downloaded in order to work.
Your best bet would be to contact Samsung and inquire if there have been any updates that may have affected MHL functionality.

Since you have exchanged the adapter and your HDMI cable already, it seems as if it would be a software setting in the phone you would need to adjust.

Regards,
Jeremy
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

I contacted Samsung customer service and RocketFish customer service, but unfortunately nobody seems to be able to help me. I'm very disappointed bc I was in love with being able to stream movies from my phone to my TV and got spoiled, but now I'm pretty bummed out. There is 1 thing that changed and I'm hoping that it's the problem even though the guys from rocketfish says that it couldn't be the problem. I recently brought my original OEM Samsung charger to a friends house and now it's gone, so I'm hoping to buy a new one and that it solves the problem.
Do you think that that could maybe possibly be the problem??

Oh and btw...thanks for responding bc since I posted this like a week ago you're the 1 and only person to comment with some feedback and try to help. So again Thank You very much!!
Visitor

Hello keet504,

I don't think having a non-oem power adapter would make a difference, but it is worth a shot if nothing else has changed.

As a side note, could it be an issue with the tv's HDMI port? Have you tried it on another HDMI port or possibly another TV?

Regards,
Jeremy
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

I tried every port on my TV. I only have 3, but yes I tried them all. I haven't been able to try on another tv because I don't have access to another smart TV.
Visitor

Hello keet504,

The MHL adapter will work on any TV that has an HDMI port. It doesn't need to have internet connectivity.

Regards,
Jeremy
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Just wanted everyone to know that my RocketFish adapter all of a sudden started working. So, thanks for all of the help you guys were trying to give me, but I'm good now Smiley Happy