Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: When will a new online driver for the Rocketfish Ethernet-USB adapter be available?

Okay. Do you mind providing an expected wait time though? I just really don't know if getting a new one is worth it (I need a good, reliable internet connection for work) and any insight into how long this problem would will remain would be very helpful!

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: When will a new online driver for the Rocketfish Ethernet-USB adapter be available?

I bought this adapter about a month ago....and got about 2 weeks of use out of it after it stopped working because of the new OS Maverick.  Like the person above me, I want to know how long I should expect to be waiting for an updated driver.  If there is no expected date, then that just tells me your engineers either aren't working on it, or can't figure out the solution.  

Very, very frustrating as I require internet for 99% of my work.  Please, for the love of God, get this working again.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Rocketfish USB 2.0 Model: RF-PCC132 no longer working since new Mac OS (Maverick) release

Emailed tech support a couple weeks back and got this:

My name is Luis and thank you for contacting Rocketfish Products about your USB 2.0 to RJ-45 Adapter Dongle - RF-PCC132. Not being able to use this device with your new OS can be a little upsetting. I will gladly look into the situation to provide you with the most appropriate solution.

Unfortunately, when this device had been designed we could not possibly know the changes Apple would have for computers thus we could only design it to work for what did exist then. Making this adapter compatible to your new OS would mean we could have to resign the adapter physically.  The only thing you can do is wait for Apple to work out its entire OS bugs and hopefully with this enable plug and play devices of this type  to continue its use again.

The information above should address your inquiry and if you have anymore please let me know, I will be happy to help.

Your Tech Support Representative,

Luis Angel | Rocketfish Customer Care

Looks like 95% are going to have to find another adapter/solution

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Rocketfish USB 2.0 Model: RF-PCC132 no longer working since new Mac OS (Maverick) release

I also spoke with a Rocketfish representative on the telephone recently.

He told me Rocketifsh products were desgined to be compatible with base models of both Macs and PCs. Any software updates companies make on their products is entirely up to them and Rocketifsh has no control over it. He also said the cost of making new drivers and other products due to company updates is out of Rocketfish's budget and that this is not Rocketfish's problem, instead it's the company's problem. He finished by saying Rocketfish has no plans on creating a new driver for this product and that there is no work in progress to make one either. 

So ultimately, return your  adapters and other products that may have been affected as well. Also, it's probably best to stay with company products and away from Rocketfish if you're looking for reliable service with your products. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Well by the sounds of it, you guys were talking with a company not going to be around in a couple years. If they are content selling bricked items than word of mouth travels fast. I for one will never buy their products again. I wonder how that will help their budget?
Highlighted
Visitor

Yep, living in an apartment complex with many surrounding buildings, many tenants rely on a good wired connection. Soon enough, people will learn Rocketfish is an obsolete company and not worth buying from ever again. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback about the compatibility issues you have experienced with using the RF-PCC132 and the latest update of the Mac operating system, Maverick. We love hearing from you, our customers, and we want you to be happy with your product. That said, we were also taken by surprise from your expressed views about this situation, and our engineering team is working diligently to find a solution. However, due to the extended testing and deployment processes, we cannot advise you of when we will find a solution. As soon as we have any news, we’ll be sure to let you know.

Thank you all for your continued patience,  

Jeremy
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Well customers expect a reliable product and you shouldn't really be surprised by their opinions toward Rocketfish right now.

Testing should have been carried out prior to OS Mavericks even being released to the public, not after people complained to the company about the problem. Also, after speaking on the telephone with a Rocketfish representative, he advised me Rocketfish would not be creating an online driver. Is this true or not? I don't know since you are saying something contrary. Sending mixed signals to customers is not good and a company should be on the same page. I am also a little disgruntled since I don't know how long it will take you to come up with a solution either, if there even is one. Days? Weeks? Months!? Once again, the company has to be reliable and when something as trivial as a nonfunctioning adapter is the problem to incomplete work, I'd rather go with a more reliable solution.

Well anyways, after just returning my Rocketfish adapter and buying another one that is working (for cheaper), I would advise this to all other customers since this is an immediate fix to the problem. 

Highlighted
Visitor

I agree. I'm glad that you found a way to solve your problem. I would do the same, if only I still COULD return it.

Highlighted
Visitor

Just got back from the Apple store. I picked up one of the offical Apple USB-to-Ethernet adapters. I just plugged it in and it worked, there wasn't even a driver to install. Rocketfish was such a waste of money. I should have just gone with Apple in the first place.