Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Rocketfish™ HD Webcam - How can I turn off the green light that indicates the camera is turned on?

I want to leave the camera shooting an intruder in my house but I can not let him see the green light indicating that the camera is on. Is there any way to turn off this light thatactually indicates that it is on?

Topics: 13
Kudos: 40
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 179

Re: Rocketfish™ HD Webcam - How can I turn off the green light that indicates the camera is turned o

Hello robson,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

I apologize but this cannot be modified.  It was designed to have the power button indicator. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

Re: Rocketfish™ HD Webcam - How can I turn off the green light that indicates the camera is turned o

Could this be added in a software update? Other products from other manufacturers have this option, and I agree with the original poster, if using this as a security device, the light should be allowed to be disabled when recording if desired. Could you forward this to the developers to see if this is a possibility in the near future?

Thank you!

Visitor

Hello Bondalavin,

A feature to disable the LED power light will likely not be added to the current web cams.  However, I will forward this option on to our engineers for consideration in any future web cam product design.