Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Rocketfish™ HD Webcam - How can I turn off the green light that indicates the camera is turned on?

I want to leave the camera shooting an intruder in my house but I can not let him see the green light indicating that the camera is on. Is there any way to turn off this light thatactually indicates that it is on?

Highlighted
Topics: 498
Kudos: 41
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 203

Re: Rocketfish™ HD Webcam - How can I turn off the green light that indicates the camera is turned o

Hello robson,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

I apologize but this cannot be modified.  It was designed to have the power button indicator. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Rocketfish™ HD Webcam - How can I turn off the green light that indicates the camera is turned o

Could this be added in a software update? Other products from other manufacturers have this option, and I agree with the original poster, if using this as a security device, the light should be allowed to be disabled when recording if desired. Could you forward this to the developers to see if this is a possibility in the near future?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello Bondalavin,

A feature to disable the LED power light will likely not be added to the current web cams.  However, I will forward this option on to our engineers for consideration in any future web cam product design.