Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Rocketfish Bluetooth headset quality went low?

I had no problems with this headset for about 2 months HD sound, and very good quality. Yesterday I walked about 20 metres away from my laptop to get something from the kitchen and noticed my headset disconnected. I walked back and the bluetooth automatically reconnected and everything was fine. Until I heard the quality of the sound. For some reason, it seems that the headset only beeps once during connection now and the sound quality feels like it has no base, the sound is horrible. Is there a sound setting? The sound is horrid now Smiley Frustrated What happened?

Edit: The headset still beeps twice during connection now, bu the quality is still borked for some reason.

Edit 2: The sound remained HD and high quality when I paired it with my iPhone 4S, just like how it was when I bought it on day 1.

Topics: 13
Kudos: 40
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 179

Re: Rocketfish Bluetooth headset quality went low?

Hello fire99966,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

We'll be happy to look into this concern if you'll please reply with your Rocketfish product model number!

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

I assume the model # is the number above the barcode on the box?

If that's the case, it's : 11J10C00886

Topics: 13
Kudos: 40
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 179

Hello again fire99966, 

The model number starts with an RF. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

Oh sorry about that.

Model Number: RF-MAB2-T

Visitor

Hello fire99966,

From your description I gather your RF-MAB-T is working fine when paired to the iPhone, but the sound quality is no longer good when connected to your laptop.  One of the first steps I would recommend is to delete the pairing information from your laptop and then pair the laptop and headset again.  Make sure the headset light is flashing blue and red to indicate it is in pairing mode.  You can also try the different sound modes by pressing the play/pause button twice while playing music.  There are five modes you can try and based on the headset beeping twice you are on normal.  If those options don't work, based on the fact the headset works with the iPhone I would suggest checking your computer settings.  Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
Tom
Insignia™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

YESSSSS, got it to work finally! I reinstalled the bluetooth headset on my laptop and adjusted the settings through double tapping the play/stop button. Everything works again thank god I didn't have to buy another one.

Thanks again.