Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Rocketfish Bluetooth Music Receiver RF-BTR212 Intermittent Audio Problems

Hey, 

Bought the Rocketfish Bluetooth Music Receiver and was pleased with the price, ease of setup and pairing.

However.  Upon first use, I experienced an annoying problem.  The music would cut out at random times during songs.  Always for just a split second, but definitely noticable and highly aggitating while trying to entertain or even just enjoy uninterupted music.

I have it connected to my Yamaha RXV471 receiver via the optical digital output.  Initially I thought it might be the distance between my ipad/iphone and the device.  The problem persisted even from about 5 feet.  I read that decreasing the volume on the source device to below 50% might solve the issue...  It did not.   

Any other ideas?  I would rather not consider it another in the collection of gadget paperweights.  

Visitor

Re: Rocketfish Bluetooth Music Receiver RF-BTR212 Intermittent Audio Problems

Hello bobbyscotch,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

I have a couple of questions for you that will help me better understand your situation:

• Do you ever experience this issue when pairing your phone or tablet with other devices such as a headset?
  • What application(s) are you playing music from?
  • Have you paired the receiver with any other devices? If so did the problem persist?

Regards,
Tom
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Hey Tom,

Thanks for your help

1.  Have not experienced it with any other pairings (Jambox Mobile Speaker, Car Stereo)

2.  iTunes

3.  The only pairings I've done thusfar have been with Rocketfish BTR212, my receiver and my iPad and iPhone

Thanks again,

Rob

Visitor

Hello bobbyscotch,

Based upon this latest information it sounds to me like the unit may be suffering from some sort of internal malfunction. As such I would recommend returning with the device and a copy of your receipt to your place of purchase in order to pursue the possibility of warranty replacement.

Regards,
Tom
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

I have just bought a Rocketfish Bluetooth Music Receiver and am also having intermittent audio skipping problems

I am using Windows 7 on HP pavilion computer and am trying to stream slacker radio.

This is the second computer that this problem has happened on and when listening to the same program through the regular computer speakers there is no skipping.  This is very annoying as we are using this for a music source to get some variety in our Spa.  Please advise what might be wrong.

Thanks,

Kevin 

Visitor

Hello kctnaples,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

You may want to try updating the Bluetooth profiles on the computer. Also keep an eye on the LED indicator, and see if is staying lit, or if it flashes as the audio cuts out.

You may also try pairing a cell phone to the receiver and see if that audio plays fully, or if it cuts out as well.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Jon 

I think I might have figured out that the bluetooth adapter I was using may have been older technology and I have installed a newer bluetooth adapter but am running into a new problem.  Windows 7 installs the music reciever but will not allow it to run because it does not have a driver. I have read the online instructions saying it does not require a driver, but how do I tell windows 7 that?  I have connected a mobile phone and there is no skipping.  Thanks for your help and I look forward to your reply

Kevin 

Visitor

Hello kctnaples,

Thank you for responding!

So at this point has the Bluetooth adapter on the Computer paired to the Receiver? If so, you should be connected far enough, in which case you may just need to go into your Audio Output devices and set the Rocketfish Receiver as your default output device.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Jon, the problem I am having is that the computer will not allow me to use the music receiver because it cannot find a driver for it.  So I need to know how to make Windows 7 work with the music receiver and not keep looking for a device driver.  It is showing in the list of devices but with the little triangle that says no driver, so it will not show up in the available devices in the device selection for music playback.  Thanks,

Kevin 

Visitor

Hello kctnaples,

Thank you for responding!

At this point if the unit is pairing over Bluetooth, but the computer is not recognizing how to use it, you would need to run Windows Update to see if there are any driver updates that will have the required info. Plug and Play devices means drivers are needed, but Windows should have generic drivers preinstalled.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support