Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Rocketfish 4-Port HDMI switch not providing full 1080p

I purchased your switch from BestBuy so that I can connect both my primary PC and my file server PC to one monitor.  However, after setting up the switch, my primary PC no longer recognizes my monitor as anything but a non-PnP device and will not display full 1920x1080 resolution.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Rocketfish 4-Port HDMI switch not providing full 1080p

Welp, gonna be returning it this weekend since ya'll have been just so helpful.

Good job.

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello CynicalOtaku,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

This device is just a switch that routes HDMI signals to a single output device. This switch is not capable of changing the incoming signal to a different resolution. The resolution is going to be determined by what your outputting devices are set to. Since this is a new setup for those computers they may have detected something odd which made them set the resolution lower. You should be able to go into the computer settings and set the outputting resolution to 1080 as long as the monitor can display that.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

Please realise I spent three hours trying to get my computer to detect a monitor it was using with no problem before setting up your switch. I thought my initial post made it clear that the computer is now only detecting a generic non plug & play monitor. This limits me to 1024x768 resolution. This is not acceptable. The monitor is perfectly capable of displaying 1920x1050.
Highlighted
Visitor

Hello CynicalOtaku,

Thank you for responding!

I've double checked the capabilities of the HDMI switch and it is capable of passing through full 1080p signals. If your computer is not recognizing the monitor correctly you may want to leave them all connected and reboot the computer. This will hopefully allow the computer to detect what it is connected to. If it still does not detect correctly then it may not work for your setup.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support