Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Rocketfish™ - 4-Port HDMI Selector Issue

I bought this product 3 months ago and have had no issues with it until today.  My set up is (1) DIRECTV Sat Box, (2) PS3, (3) Computer, and (4) is open.  As of right now (1) works great, but for (2) and (3) it doesn't recognize that anything is even plugged in. I checked connections and changed out HDMI cables with ones I knew worked and still no success. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Visitor

Re: Rocketfish™ - 4-Port HDMI Selector Issue

Hello Jread,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Let's see what we can do to get this fixed for you.  We're going to try an HDMI reset.  I want you to unplug all of the devices from the power.  Disconnect all of the HDMI cables at the same time and the reconnect hem.  Now comes the important step.  Turn on your computer and plug in your satelitte and the PS3.  Power them all on.  Next plug in the selector followed by the TV.  Let me know if that fixes it for you or if we need to do more to get this running for you.

Regards,
Jeremy
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Hello Rockfish,

I have a 4 hdmi switcher (rf-g1185) port 1 is oceanic cable box port 2 is sony blu ray (bdp-bx59) port 3 Directtv sat box port 4 is open. I am using this swicher to run devices into a espson 3020 projector up wall into attic on about a 50' run of high speed hdmi cable. This switch was running to a optoma (e719) previously without problems switching thur devices. Now that I have upgraded projector in the theater room to the 3020 epson the switcher will only let directtv and the cable box run thur it. The Blu Ray player comes up with no signal found. I have tried to reset switcher by unplugging everything power and hdmis then plugging back in the order suggested in previous post wich will allow Blu ray  signal to go thur but as soon as i toggle thur other devices the Blu ray will no longer show up. When I connect Blu ray straight to the hdmi wall jack to epson 3020 the dvd has no problem. I am wondering if unplugging and replugging devices in a certain order will cure my problem of the signal being lost after toggling thur devices. I wanted to ask if there is a way to do before I try unplugging so to not waste my time any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be very helpful.

Thank You,

SimonT  

Visitor

Hello simont,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Yes, there is a specific order for unplugging and replugging.  You want to disconnect the power and HDMI cables from everything.  While everything is still unplugged, reconnect the HDMI cables.  Then you want to follow the signal flow.  The first thing to be pluggged in will be the source devices i.e. the cable and sat boxes and the Blu Ray player.  The selector will be next followed by the projector.  If you still have an issue, let us know.

Regards,
Jeremy
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jeremy,
Ok so I unplugged cable box directv box blu ray and projector power then hdmis. I then plugged in hdmis started with cable then directv then blu ray then into rocketfish respectfully then hdmi out of rocketfish to projector. Then plugged power to cable box directv blu ray rocket fish and finally projector. I then tired to cycle thur sources and blu ray still came up without a signal. Do you have any other suggestions? I'm hoping there's a secret remote button combo to override signal loss. Anyway if you've got something else to try let me know.
Thank you for your time.
Simont
Visitor

Hello simont,

Unfortunately there isn't a magic button we can press to make it work.  That is all the troubleshooting that we have.  This is part of the problem with HDMI.  The more devices that are involved, the bigger the chance of something like this happening.  If you hook the Blu Ray directly to the projector, do you get signal?  What about with of the other HDMI cables?

Regards,
Jeremy
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

I just got a rocketfish 4 port selector yesterday,and for the life of me,nothing is workinjg,I tried to set up TV<CABLE<and blueray to it and nothing is working,all I wanted was to watch nexflick with out unpluging something to do it,Kevin