Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

RF-WHTIB Wireless Speaker Kit Issue

Hi All,

I just bought and setup the above unit to connect my rear speaker. The setup is easy enough and I got everything just working fine.....however, after a few hours of listening (playing movies), I found out the after certain amount of times (maybe around each 15~20 min), the rear speaker just lost the sound for about 1 second, then it came back again.....

I just wonder is it normal? If not, what could be the possible cause?

Thanks in advance :-)

Visitor

Re: RF-WHTIB Wireless Speaker Kit Issue

Hello mox123,

What is the make and model of speakers/receiver you are using? Also, does this issue happen randomly or is it a fixed time interval (e.g.. every 15 minutes).

Visitor

Hi Zac,

Thanks for reply.

My rear is a old BOSS AM5 Satellite Speaker and receiver is Harmon Kardon AVR8500.

The "No Sound" problem is happenning randomly, no fixed time interval.....however, I'm suspecting it is due to the wireless interference and I tried to turn off the 2.4hz radio in my router (I'm using a dual band router), then the issue becoming less obvious (it still happen but is lessen).

So, if it is really interference issue, there's nothing much I can do, right?

Visitor

Hello mox123,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Your speakers requirements match the output of the RF-WHTIB so there should not be a power related issue. As a result, the issue is either an interference issue like you mentioned, or a hardware issue with the RF-WHTIB. I would suggest taking the RF-WHTIB, along with the receipt, to the place of purchase to obtain warranty service, as it has a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. You may also try turning off (or in the case of the router switching channels) any 2.4 ghz devices (Bluetooth, cordless phones, microwaves, etc.).