Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

RF-WHTIB Wireless Rear Speaker Kit - NO AUDIO WITH BUZZING

So I've had my wireless rear speaker kit for over a year and its been working great. Only an occasional speaker pop but other than that fantastic...worth every penny. Yesterday I had to buy a new TV stand so I had disconnect all cables and wires and basically did a complete reinstall for everything in my setup.

NOW I get no audio from any rear speakers EXCEPT a loud buzzing noise from my rear right speaker. My rear left speaker is completely silent. No buzzing but nothing else either. I want to stress that a day before everything was great. Its just a fresh install in a manner of speaking. So why does it not work all of a sudden? I've checked all speaker wires and all are good. And if I go into my yamaha receivers speaker setup menu and do a tone test I get nothing from the rears except the constant rear right buzzing.

Please help! Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: RF-WHTIB Wireless Rear Speaker Kit - NO AUDIO WITH BUZZING

Anybody out there? Any help is welcomed. ID hate to trash this thing unless I have to.
Highlighted
Visitor

Hello Mbeskid,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

If it was working before unhooking it all, I would assume it still works. The thing to do would be checking all the connections. Make sure you have speaker wire securely connected from the stereo to the Rocketfish sender (which is the smaller rocketfish unit). Also make sure you have good solid connections from the Rocketfish receiver (the larger unit) to the actual speakers.

With both units plugged in and turned on you should get solid lights on both, this indicates they are communicating to each other. If they are not communicating, press the connect button on either unit for 2 seconds. Within 30 seconds of pressing that, press the connect button on the other unit. This will allow them to reestablish communication.

Regards,
Ryan
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

OK new issue now. I recut and reconnected all wires and connections. Not not only does it still not work but now it won't even connect. The transmitter (the one connected to my amp) still flashes red but the receiver (the one connected to my rear speakers) only blinks red a couple times when i turn it on and then nothing...basically turning off again I guess. Before I was at least connecting them together albeit with a loud buzzing from my rear right speaker and nothing from the left. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Highlighted
Visitor

Hello Mbeskid,

Thank you for responding!

If the receiver is no longer staying on that may indicate a hardware issue. Make sure the power cable is securely connected. If it still will not stay on, try the unit in a different outlet.

The buzzing before may be related. It may have been an indication that something was failing.  

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support