Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

RF-TVML70 mounting question

I just purchased the RF-TVML70 wall mount and I have a question about the mounting.  The instructions say that two of the four screws have to go into the center of a 2 x 4 stud.  All the diagrams and videos show them always stacked vertically, but the written instructions do not specify that.  Would it be ok to have the 2 bottom screws go into the 2 x 4 and two top ones use the anchors?

Thanks,

Dave

Visitor

Re: RF-TVML70 mounting question

Hello DaveW,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

This is a question I'll have to answer on Monday. Our installation line is not available on the weekend, and because I'd hate to see a new tv fall off the wall, I'd rather wait until I can get a answer for you from the experts.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Hello DaveW,

Sorry for the delay!

In speaking with the installation line, It's not what they recommend, at this point it's a question of leverage. I have them researching, but at this time that is not a supported way of mounting. They are looking into it, and if they judge otherwise I'll let you know.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Since the wall was open (we're having renovations done), I had them put a piece of 2 x 8 between the two studs in the center of the wall where I'll be mounting it.  The 2 x 8 is connected to the studs with 4 1/4" Lag screws.  I'll be mounting the bracket with the supplied lag screws in all 4 holes, 2 in the horizontal stud and 2 inthe 2 x 8.

Thanks for looking into this, and consider updating the install instructions Smiley Happy

Dave