Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

RF-MRBTAD Bluetooth adapter issues?

I had it working but didn't use it for a month. Decided to do a clean installation of the drivers but the adapter no longer lights up, it keeps coming up as "USB input device" and no longer elluminates blue like it should... It is physically impossible to install the drivers unless it's recognized and lit up, I don't know why Broadcom has their stupid installation software and doesn't offer a zip folder of the drivers for manual installation through device manager.  I uninstalled everything under device manager pertaining to the Vendor ID of 0A5C (Broadcom), even went as for as installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 SP1 on a second partition and it STILL does the same thing. I am a very techinical person when it comes to computers, I feel like pulling me hair out from all the frustration. Is it a safe assumption to say the bluetooth adapter is dead?

I even came across this thread to to no avail.

/t5/Computer-Accessories/Problems-installing-Bluetooth-Adapter/td-p/3675

ANY advice would be highly apprecirated.

Visitor

Re: RF-MRBTAD Bluetooth adapter issues?

Hello krzyimprt,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

If the LED is not activating, that does imply there may be a issue with the adapter itself as it should be powered whether it's been recognized or not. I am assuming you have tried multiple USB ports to make sure there are not any low voltage issues.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Highlighted
Visitor

I tried all possible USB ports. That's a shame, Broadcom chipsets were always reliable for me. I guess I'm just going to have to buy a new adapter. Smiley Sad

Visitor

Not sure if this'll help, but I finally figured it out and posted an article yesterday how I fixed it. Hopefully you have success rather than spending more money on the adapter.

/t5/Computer-Accessories/FIXED-RF-MRBTAD-Mini-Bluetooth-Dongle-Frustrations-and-a-Fix/td-p/16191