Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

RF-MAB2 Maximum volume too low and volume controls have no effect

My RF-MAB2 is, all of a sudden, playing with a maximum volume that is barely perceptible. This is happening with both an iPod Touch and a Nokia E72 smartphone. I can barely hear the music yet when I press the volume "+" button I hear the beep indicating its maxed out.

The iPod's volume control is already at max setting.

Pressing the volume "-" button also generates the same beep with no effect on the volume.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Visitor

Re: RF-MAB2 Maximum volume too low and volume controls have no effect

Hello rf-fan,

Was the RF-MAB2 functioning properly beforehand or has it always had the volume issue?

Visitor

Zac - Yes, the device was working properly beforehand. Thanks.

Visitor

Hello rf-fan,

If it was functioning properly, then ceased to function as intended and no settings have been changed, then there is likely a hardware issue with the device. I would suggest taking the RF-MAB2, along with the receipt of purchase, to the place of purchase to obtain service. The RF-MAB2 has a one year warranty from the date of purchase.

Visitor

Hi,

This is the exact same problem I have.  For some reason today, the volume is too low and everytime I pressed the button to raise the volume, it would stay at the same volume, which was very low.  I tried turning it on/off and everything.  They worked fine just yesterday too.   I only had my product for a month and a half.  I bought my headphones from bestbuy.com.  Their return policy lasts for only 30 days.  I tried looking on the warranty info on pdf to find out where to send my headphones, it said that the address is on the website.  I tried looking on the website everywhere and I couldn't find it.  What is the address of the place I could send my headphones to get replaced under warranty?  I would love to get these back fixed, I absolutely love these earphones.

Visitor

Hello rk8er,

As long as you have your BBY-01 order number from your online purchase you can take that number up to your local Best Buy and they should be able to assist you with warranty options. If you do not have your BBY-01 order number you can call into our call center at 800-620-2790 and we will attempt to help you find it.

Regards,
Josh
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Thank you for your response! I'm going to try to go to the store.  I appreciate your help.

Visitor

Make that one more with the same issue. I've had my rocketfish headphones for a few months now but easily less than a year. They were working just fine, I've had them paired to my Motorola Droid 4 and was using them without issue since day 1. Suddenly, just a few days ago out of nowhere the volume disappeared. The odd thing is that phone calls seem to come in loud and clear, yet any music I attempt to play comes in barely audible. The phone's volume is at max, and either volume button on the headset itself just beeps at me. I work in I.T. and am tech savvy. I have unpaired the phone several times and paired again and again... no dice. I booted my phone into safe mode, which disables all downloaded apps from the google marketplace.. still no luck. Based on what I'm reading here in this thread, there has to be a defect here.

But I guarantee I'm screwed. I bought my headset on Ebay. $50 out the window.

Visitor

Hello bryank2000,

That's very odd that your calls come through just fine yet your music doesn't. I'm sure you have tried everything as you were very detailed in your post. I know with my phone when I bring up the music player it has its own separate volume control but I was wondering if once in the music player you have tried to turn the phones volume all the way up?

Another thing is that if you bought the product new off of eBay (it was listed as new, if it was listed as used then this does not apply) you will still get the one year warranty from the purchase date on your eBay receipt. If the above step doesn't work then you can call our call center at 800-620-2790 to start the warranty process(Our agents will go through some basic troubleshooting as they are required to).  

Thanks,
Josh
Rocketfish™ Support