Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Micro Bluetooth Adapter when paired makes a buzzing noise

I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones to pair with my pc. When audio is playing it is accompained with a buzzing noise. It only happens when the headphones are paired with my pc through the micro adapter.

I have removed any possible sources of interference including my cellphone, router, modem, other speakers, and other miscallenous electronic devices.

Are there any suggestions on how to remove the buzzing noise?

Visitor

Re: Micro Bluetooth Adapter when paired makes a buzzing noise

Hello BukHwt,

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

Two things you may try off the bat are to pair the headphones to your cellphone and see if you still get the buzzing. The second thing to try is plugging the adapter into a different USB port, preferrably on the front of the computer if you're hooking into a tower.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jon,

I have done both and I am still having the same problem.

Intermittingly the buzzing will stop but it inevitably kicks back up.

Thanks for your help!

Visitor

Hello BukHwt,

Thank you for responding!

So to clarify,

1. When you had the headset paired to your phone and playing music or making a call, did you hear the buzzing?

2. When your connected to the computer, is the adapter itself buzzing, or you're hearing it through the headphones?

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

1. When paired with the phone and music was playing/call being placed there was no buzzing.

2. The buzzing is through the headphones. 

Thanks,

Visitor

Hello BukHwt,

Thank you for responding!

Ok, so does this computer use WiFi, or is it connected to the internet via Ethernet cord? If it uses Wifi, try disabling your Wifi adapter long enough to see if the buzzing continues, or if it stops once the Wifi is disabled. The other option would be to try reinstalling the adapter driver, and see if that makes any difference.

If the buzzing remains, take the RF-MRBTAD, headphones, and receipt into your local Best Buy store, and take it directly to the GS desk. Because we are a Best Buy Exclusive brand the Geek Squad handles all of our manufacturer warranty reviews and exchanges, so they should be able to test the adapter and headphone, and exchange if necessary within the 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Regards,
Jon
Rocketfish™ Support