Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Help installing my RF-RBAUX to be a wireless receiver with my home audio amplifier?

I think I misunderstood the purpose of this product.....

My hope was to plug in an RF-RBAUX to my home theater amplifier, thus allowing my home theater amplifier to receive music wirelessly from my computer without having to have a second RF-RBAUX unit connected to my computer.  Do I need a second RF-RBAUX unit connected to my laptop to send music to the RF-RBAUX unit connected to my home theater amplifier?  If not, how do I get my laptop to recognize the wireless signal of the unit?

Thanks!

Visitor

Re: Help installing my RF-RBAUX to be a wireless receiver with my home audio amplifier?

Yes, you need a 2nd Rocketboost “Sender” product connected to your computer. 

To send wireless audio with Rocketboost, you need a “Sender” (like RF-RBAUX) connected to your music source and a “Receiver” to receive the music.  The RF-RBAUX also works as a receiver, so connecting it to your home theater amplifier is correct. 

The RF-RBAUX has been replaced with the RF-RBUSB sender/receiver.  It is a similar product to RF-RBAUX but also includes a handy USB connection for easy hookup to your laptop.  But you can use either RF-RBAUX or RF-RBUSB.

Here is a simple diagram of the setup, assuming you add the RF-RBUSB (---- are wires, )))) is wireless signal):

Laptop/PC -------- RF-RBUSB     ))))))))        RF-RBAUX ------ Home Theater Amplifier or Receiver

Also the RF-RBUSB will work with our upcoming Rocketboost PC and Phone App to control your system and music.  These apps are coming soon!

Let us know if you need any more information.