Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Error 1935 in installing driver for Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter

My Dad lost his Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter, so we bought another one. The software on the CD is older than the software on his computer. We downloaded a new driver from the rocketfish website which turns out to come from broadcom.com. The download site (on rocketfish) correctly noticed the bluetooth device and downloaded the software. Sadly the installation of the software crashed when it was about 70% done. The error message started: Error 1935. 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type= 'win32-policy"

What should we do now?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topics: 499
Kudos: 41
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 203

Re: Error 1935 in installing driver for Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter

Hello TdeV, 

Welcome to Community@ Rocketfish™!

We'll be happy to look into this concern if you'll please reply with your product model number! This begins with an RF-number. 

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

Hello Julian,

I had a great conversation with a guy who told me his name but I didn't write it down, but it's Case Numbe {removed per forum guidelines}. On Sunday afternoon, we left it as resolved, but it isn't.

The case so far:

RF-MRBTAD

Vista operating system

My Dad lost his RocketFish Micro Blue Tooth Adapter, so we attempted to use his earlier RocketFish Blue Tooth Adapter. Computer responded that there was the wrong adapter installed. My Dad elected to buy a new RocketFish Micro Blue Tooth Adapter and the software wouldn't install from the CD because the computer responded that he had newer software installed. With the help of the excellent tech at Rocketfish, we deleted all blue tooth network components from the Device Manager and there was no Rocketfish software in Program Manager, but the installation blew up 70% through. So again we deleted items from Device Manager and Program Manager, rebooted, swapped the USB port, and a window popped up that said that the Blue Tooth had been installed correctly. This ended my communication with RocketFish support.

Yesterday my Dad sent me an email which indicates that he's getting a report that the port is in use by something, so the adapter is still not correctly installed.

Should I just communicate directly with telephone support, or can we sort it out here?

Visitor

Hello TdeV,

I would be glad to assist you, however you will likely reach a quicker resolution through phone support, simply due to the fact that it is easier to work through an issue with oral communications, as the exchange of information is quicker than with written communication. However, if you would prefer to troubleshoot your issue through this medium of communication, I will assist you to the best of my ability.

Visitor

I was on support yesterday and the tech named Toby was very helpful. The right answer seemed to be that the new Micro Adapter was faulty, so my Dad is sending it back. He found the old Micro adapter, so things are working fine.

Thanks for your help!

Topics: 499
Kudos: 41
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 203

Hello TdeV, 

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that everything has been resolved!

Regards,
Justin
Rocketfish™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate