Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Disable Bluetooth Audio Remote Control Notifications

I am looking to find a way to disable the Bluetooth Remote Control notifications for whenever a song is changed or starts playing. I would even be ok deleting this feature all together. The reason is this feature/application likes to become the active window when a song change happens kicking me out of any fullscreened programs/games. I have searched all over google but have had no luck on finding ways on disabling this feature/program. I have found several posts where people are looking to do the same thing I want to but don’t get any answer or the answer is unhelpful. (see bleow) I normally would post this on Broadcom's website as they are responsible for the drivers but there website refers me to the devices manufacture for support. I’ve also looked into disabling the Bluetooth Metadata on my phone or computer but have not found a solution there either.

Any help would be greatly appriciation as this is driving me NUTS!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/disable-pop-up-remote-control-f...

http://superuser.com/questions/686042/bluetooth-audio-control-window-on-windows-7-make-it-always-vis...

program

Visitor

Re: Disable Bluetooth Audio Remote Control Notifications

So a couple hours after posting this I found my answer Smiley Happy Hopefully others will see this to save them the headach I went through. Not only that but both of these mods are great for gamers and movie watchers.

1. Disable keyboard toggle notifications (Caps LockSmiley Surprisedn)

Now this is mainly an issue for people that have the bluetooth software installed on their machine. Laptops are very common as well as anyone that has a bluetooth receiver they installed.

1. Open up Regedit.exe
  2. Backup your Registry to be safe by going to File > Export and saving it to a location you can remember.
  3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BTConfig\General\
  4. Double click the REG_DWORD KeyIndication
  5. Change its Value to 0 (Hexadecimal or Decimal)
  6. Reboot

2. Prevent windows/other programs from changing the active window. (locking the active window to what's currently selected)

This I feel will be a big mod for everyone on the forms as I can see it being very useful in many situations. i.e - antivirus notifications, windows update notification, windows action center notifications, etc.

1. Open up Regedit.exe
  2. Backup your Registry to be safe by going to File > Export and saving it to a location you can remember.
  3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CUrrent_USER\Control Panel\Desktop (note: select the desktop folder itself to find the right registry key)
  4. Double click the REG_DWORD ForegroundLockTimeout.
  5. Make sure Hexadecimal is bubbled.
  6. Change the value to 30d40.
  7. Reboot.