Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Clicking and Popping sounds coming from my RF-WHTIB

My speakers connected to my RF-WHTIB Wireless rear speaker reciever have intermittent clicking and popping.  I've seen this issue reported by numerous reviewers on Amazon and Best Buy, and I'm experiencing the same sporadic loud popping sounds coming from my rear speakers.   Most people seem to attribute the problem to interference with wi-fi, but a few reference problems with electrical appliances. Unfortunately, no one seemed to have any solutions in their reviews. Given that this seems to be a common problem, does anyone out there have any ideas how I can fix this? Here are some specs on my home theatre/home networking setup:

• Rear Speakers: Polk Audio RM8 Sattellite speakers
  • Receiver: Marantz 1402
  • No Wi-Fi in the house at all, everything is hard wired Cat-6
  • Other devices:  (1) DirecTV DVR; (2) Samsung 70" Plasma TV 
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Visitor

Re: Clicking and Popping sounds coming from my RF-WHTIB

Additional question, since they're 2.4 GHz, the don't need to be "line of sight," correct?  The sender and recieve are approx 15-17ft apart, and the reciever is mounted to the wall behind the sofa, so that it's hidden.  

Visitor

Hello zazelsodo,

This is likely due to the fact that the speakers you are using are rated at 8ohms and the RF-WHTIB outputs at 4ohms; using speakers rated at different levels can lead to clipping and popping which can damage your speakers.

Visitor

Thanks Zac,  I couldn't get it to work so I ended up returning the RF-WHTIB, and just hanging crown moulding and running the wires behind it...looks great and sounds fantastic...sorry I wasn't able to use your product...good to know about the ohm issue though.