Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Cannot install RF MRBTAD.

Each time I try to install with the CD, I receive the message "No Bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your Bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation."  The adapter is plugged in. I went to the Rocketfish download web site to try to download the latest drivers but when I clicked on the setup program to run, I got the message to "Plug in your Bluetooth device" but it was plugged in.  I called Rocketfish support and spoke with a tech who told me to try the adapter on  another computer and if I got the same messages, then something was wrong with the adapter and I just needed to get another one.  I tried the adapter on another computer and that computer could not detect the device either. So I went to Best Buy today to get another adapter, was about to purchase it, then asked one of their Geek Squad the problem.  They took my adapter in the back, installed it and it detected a worker's cell phone.  So, I brought the adapter back home but cannot get it to install.  Any suggestions?  Thanks, PWNeely

I am using Windows 7. This adapter has worked in the past.  I HotSync'd my Palm Pilot on May 13, 2012.

Visitor

Re: Cannot install RF MRBTAD.

Hello PWNeely1978,

You stated that the adapter worked in the past, what changes have you made to the computer in the time between when it was working and now?

Visitor

No real changes. Does it matter that my computer is 64 bit, although the System Requirements do not mention that?  I regularly run Iolo's System Mechanic; Uniblue's Registry Booster, SpeedUpMyPC and Driver Scanner.  Iolo's System Mechanic often indicates certain programs that my delay your computer's start up time and I may have eliminated the Bluetooth device from the start up process.  Anyway, the Bluetooth software is not on my computer at all now because, in my effort to re-install the Rocketfish adapter so it might work, I finally uninstalled it with the hope I could do a successful install.  But it will not install.  Zac, any suggestions will be appreciated. PWNeely

Visitor

Hello PWNeely1978,

Does it appear (even as an unidentified device) in the device manager when you plug it into the USB port?

Visitor

Yes, when you click on Devices and Printers, it appears under the Devices.

Visitor

As I indicated previously, a Best Buy Geek Squad member took my Rockfish adapter and used it successfully on one of their machines to detect a Bluetooth device. I later went to another Best Buy, took my laptop and let them see the problem.  They tried my Rockfish adapter and successfully used it to detect a Bluetooth device on one of their computers.  They sold me a new Rockfish adapter and CD to try.  I tried the new adapter and CD but got the same results I did with my original adapter and CD.  I was able to take that adapter back for a refund but am no closer to solving my problem.  While I have uninstalled the Rockfish software from my laptop,but there must be something on my laptop indicating it is still present because the CD does not go to the Agreement to be checked but immediately begins the installation. Let me know, if you have any other suggestions as to what I can try. Thanks.

Visitor

Hello PWNeely1978,

Try right clicking on the icon, uninstalling it, then restart the computer and try reinstalling the software.

Visitor

There is no icon on the desktop to right click on.  If I right click on the icon in the device manager, uninstalling is not an option.

Visitor

Hello PWNeely1978,

Please follow the directions below and let me know if you see either "Rocketfish Bluetooth Adapter" or "Unknown Device".

1. Click the "Start" button.
  2. Right click "Computer", then left click "Manage".
  3. In the new window that opens, click "Device Manager" on the left hand side.
  4. Click the drop downs to expand product categories and let me know if you see either of the icons mentioned above.
Visitor

Zac,

I did as you instructed but did not see either of the icons you mentioned. I will tell you the differences I saw in the icons as I plugged in and unplugged the micro adapter. 

When the RF adatper is plugged in, under Human Interface Devices there is listed HID-compliant device, USB Input Device, USB Input Device, USB Intput Device and USB Optical Mouse.  When the adapter is not plugged in, under Human Interface Devices there is listed only USB Optical Mouse.

When the adapter is plugged in, under Keyboards, there is listed Linovo ThinkPad PS/2 keyboard and PenMount Keyboard Device Filter Driver.  When the adapter is not plugged in there is only Linovo ThinkPad PS/2 keyboard.

When the adapter is plugged in, under Mice and other pointing devices there is listed Dell Touchpad, HID-compliant mouse and HID-compliant Optical Mouse.  With adapter not plugged in, there is only Dell Touchpad and HID-compliant Optical Mouse.

With the adatper plugged in, under Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class there is listed MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput device for Windows.  With the adapter not plugged in Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class does not even appear.

Those are the only differences I can see in the drop-down devices when the adapter is plugged in or not plugge in but there was no Rocketfish Adapter or Unknown Device.

Does any of the information above help?

PWNeely