Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Can't Select RF-MAB2

OK not sure WTH is going on with this. Trying to use it on Dell XPS L502X. Installs fine, pairs and shows under the sound devices. Only thing is, the Set Defaul option is grey'd out and I can't select.

The services running inder the devices properties in the bluetooth manager are:

Audio Sink (checked)

Handsfree Telephony (checked)

Headset (not checked but have tried checking it)

Remote Control (checked)

Any ideas?

Visitor

Re: Can't Select RF-MAB2

Hello Paragon77,

What is the operating system on your computer?

Visitor

Windows 7
Visitor

Hello Paragon77,

I just tested this on our Windows 7 computer with a RF-MAB2,  I was able to replicate your issue. To  resolve the issue, right click the speaker in the bottom right corner of the screen, and select "Playback Devices", this will open the sound playback window. While the headset is turned on and paired, right click on the headset and click "Connect". You should then be able to right click the headset and click "Set as Default". Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Visitor

No go.

I r-click on the headset and click Connect. "The Set as Defaul Device" and "Set as Default Communication Device" stay grey'd out.

I have repeated this a few times just to make sure.

Visitor

Hello Paragon77,

Is the headset itself grayed out or translucent in the playback devices menu or does is it in full color showing that it is an enabled audio device?

Visitor

Yes, both the Headphones and Headset are greyed out in the playback devices.

Visitor

Hello Paragon77,

That's odd, that just means that Windows is not detecting that the headset is connected via Bluetooth, it is basically seeing it as disconnected. I would suggest removing the headset from your saved Bluetooth devices on your computer then repair the headset. Windows should detect the headset and allow you to use it as the default audio device then.

Visitor

I finally got it working. I r-clicked on the device in my Bluetooth Devices. I then selected  Bluetooth Operations. Once there. I clicked the option to listen to music. The computer and the RF-MAB2 finally connected. Now it is enabled in playback devices.