Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Bluetooth Adapter Model: RF-MRBTAD NOT DETECTED BY BROADCOM SOFTWARE

Hello Everyone.

I am having a problem installing my Model: RF-MRBTAD micro bluetooth adapter. I have read other forum posts but I can't find the answers I am looking for. First let me admit that I lost the driver CD that came with the product. I am sure most of my problems would be solved if I had that. I downloaded the Broadcom software from the website and it failed to detect the adapter. I am using windows 7. I have a computer and a laptop and I have adapter working fine on the desktop. However I had the CD then.

I'll start from the beginning. I put the adapter in a USB port. Windows 7 takes over and installs, what it thinks, are the correct drivers. A window pops up and says everthing is installed correctly and hardware is ready to use. However I never see the Bluetooth icon in the system tray also the blue light never illuminates. When I go to device manager I don't see a Bluetooth Radios section like I do on the desktop. The only thing that changes is in the Human Interface Section. I can pull out the adapter and put it back in and see new HID devices show up in there. I have tried to disable and uninstall these new devices but that still doesn't allow the Broadcom software to see the adapter. When I go to  Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers the adapter shows as a keyboard and not a bluetooth device. I can't keep windows from installing the wrong drivers. I tried to update the drivers on everything in the Human Interface Section and windows always says they have the correct drivers. I'll rebooted the computer at least five times.

After that utter failure I went back to the besktop and copied the drivers that were associated with the two pieces of hardware under Bluetooth Radios and put them in the same folders on the laptop. Now on the laptop I tried to update the drivers for the HID interfaces that windows turned my Bluetooth adapter into by manually trying to pick them. But the drivers I copied are .sys files not the required .inf because these are the only types of files that show up when you try and manually search for them. So back to square one.

I have plugged,unplugged the adapter in a bunch of times and run the broadcom software with it or out. Nothing changes. Never does anything show up anywhere that there is a Bluetooth adapter even connected to the computer. Not in the devices section or in the device manager. Please help. I just want to pair some wireless head phones to the laptop.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to make sure I documented all the things I've tried.

Please help. This shouldn't be this hard.

Alan

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Bluetooth Adapter Model: RF-MRBTAD NOT DETECTED BY BROADCOM SOFTWARE

Hello freqhuntr,

I would suggest following these steps to uninstall and reinstall your RF-MRBTAD.

1. Open Device Manager, right click on the device and click Uninstall (if you are prompted with the option to delete driver info, check the box to ensure the old driver info is deleted).
  2. Unplug the adapter and restart the computer.
  3. Once the computer has rebooted, ensure that you have an active internet connection and plug the adapter back in.
  4. Windows will then download and install a generic driver, which should give you basic functionality of the adapter.
  5. Download the Broadcom Bluetooth stack, located here.
  6. Follow the onscreen directions, finish the install, and reboot.

After following these directions you should have full functionality of the RF-MRBTAD. If after following these directions you are still experiencing issues, then there is either a driver conflict on your computer, or your adapter is not functioning properly.

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Zac,

Thanks for replying. I followed your instructions to the tee and I am still running into the same problem. When I uninstall the all the devices in the Human Interface Device section of the device manager and restart the computer windows automatically starts to re-install them. This is before I even plug in the adapter. So when I do plug in the bluetooth adapter back in windows just adds it like any other HID device. So the bluetooth adapter is still only showing up as a keyboard and not as a bluetooth adapter. So I never get the 'basic functionality of the adapter' that you mention in your post. Even when the adapter is plugged in and the generic driver is installed I still don't see anything in the device manager that even mentions bluetooth. The adapter just gets added to the HID section as any other input device, such as a keyboard. I am sure there is some sort of device or driver conflict but how do I fix it. The device is functioning because I can use it on another computer that I installed it on using the CD. However I no longer have the CD. Althought I feel that if I did I would still be having issues because the CD is the same as the broadcom bluetooth stack software that I downloaded. By the way the software gets stuck searching for the device after it asks to turn the adapter on. Apparently even with the generic driver the adapter isn't 'on'. I don't see any blue light on the adapter like I do when it's plugged into the other computer that it works on either.

Thanks again for your help

alan

Highlighted
Visitor

Can someone from rocketfish just send me another driver disk. None of the suggestions offered or other thread post have helped solve this problem. I believe if I can just get another driver disk it'll solve all my issures. Thanks

Highlighted
Visitor

The disk won't help you brother. I just bought this product and used the CD to install everything to the letter. And I am having the exact same problem that you are.

Highlighted
Visitor

Well that's not good news considering I bought another one just to get the **bleep** disk (plus I needed one for work). I'll update the thread when I get it to see if it works or if I figured something out. Since tech support feels the need to have you to do everything you've already done even though you went into great details describing it, I hope to find real answers.
Highlighted
Visitor

Yes, keep us posted because I would really like to hook up my bluetooth mouse and keyboard at some point.

Highlighted
Visitor

Okay I received the new adapter today. I grabbed the driver disk and plugged in the adapter to an open USB port. Windows installed their drivers and right off the bat the adapter's blue light came on and I could see the bluetooth icon in the system tray. The adapter that I had before never got to this point for some reason. So basically the device was already working before I even ran the driver disk that came with it. I ran the disk and installed the rocketfish drivers and was able to pair my bluetooth headphones. I may never know why the original adapter wouldn't work. I wish I had some answers for the other folks on the thread. By the way the original device still works on the disktop that I installed it on before. So weird.

Highlighted
Visitor

Glad that you got it working. I have had the RF people respond to my request, but they basically just said that I need to replace the adapter, even though it is fresh out of the box. The odd thing is that my blue light comes on too and Winduws installs drivers, but then the computer lists the adapter as a device but not a Bluetooth adapter. So even though it is installed and "on" and "recognized", I have no Bluetooth functionality
Highlighted
Visitor

I fixed the problem myself, no thank to the support here. For anyone else having this issue, it appears that certain programs will override the Bluetooth drivers. This made it so that everytime I plugged the adapter in, Windows would install what it was calling a "Motioninjoy Virtual Controller Adapter" rather than a bluetooth adapter. I had to uninstall the program, then go into the device manager, unistall and remove all of the drivers that were associated with that program (just unplugged and replugged in the adapter to figure out which ones they were), then restart, plug in the adapter, and it installed the correct drivers and I was able to proceed with the CD installation and it works fine now. Hope that this helps someone else.