Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

BEWARE--BEST BUY MOBILE.COM IS IN INDIA!

Nobody told me I would be communicating my cell phone purchase with a company in India! Needless to say it has not been a pleasant experience. As usual they don't understand anything you say and things always go wrong. I ordered a Palm Pre from Best Buy Mobile.com on Black Friday for $79.99. My credit card was charged and I even printed the receipt. It takes 3-5 days to process a mobile phone purchase because it has to go through Sprint to get approved. During that time the price for the Palm Pre went up to $99.99 on Best Buy.com So guess what, before they shipped out my phone they charged my credit card another $20.00 WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. I called the customer service number and even emailed them and they are both in India. After waiting on hold for 30mins I have to explain to this guy that I bought the phone on Black Friday and it was cheaper. My account even shows the receipt still for $79.99. Can you imagine explaining to a guy in India what Black Friday is?? He didn't know what the hell I was talking about, he didn't even what Thanksgiving is!! It's not about the money, it's the principal. This is just embarrassing for Best Buy. I'll be sure to pass this story on to all of my friends in the little city that I live in called Los Angeles Man Indifferent And I will never buy a cell phone from Best Buy Mobile again, that's for sure.

Re: BEWARE--BEST BUY MOBILE.COM IS IN INDIA!

Jaxworld

First off, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us!  Hopefully this got resolved somehow, as it's been over a month since you posted this.  I'm curious, though, as to which number you've called?  I've had to call in once or twice, but each time, I've spoken with someone who was pretty efficient and most likely American.  Also, how were you able to tell your email went to India?  Regardless, sorry you had a bad experience with us, but hopefully it doesn't discourage you from Best Buy Mobile, as a whole.

Visitor

Are you kidding! Best Buy Mobile.com is a JOKE! Even when you get a person in America they transfer you to someone in India. My issue was never resolved and on top of that the Palm Pre stoped working. It kept powering off everytime I closed the slider. Also the screen was changeing colors. So I had to wait past the 30 days and get Sprint to fix the phone. Because let me tell you what Best Buy Mobile.com said. Do you know what their return or exchange policy is? After bitching to them for a week they finally agreed to replace my Pre only if I sent them the phone first, they receive it and inspect it, then they would send me a new one. LOL!! So I would be without service for over a week!! Gee, I only have 400 contacts in my phone. I wonder if anyone will call me in a WEEK! What a joke, absolutely no common sense what so ever. Then to insult me even more he says, or you can pay $300 dollars, and we'll send you a new phone. Once you send the old one back and we inspect it, we'll issue you a credit. LOL...really, gee thanks. Keep in mind this is all in the first 30 days of ownership. Everyone knows that carriers send you a replacement phone then you send the old one back in the box. So  you're never without service. Believe me, no one I know is buying a phone from your website, I can tell you that much. Unless ofcourse they pay me $300 first, then I might think about buying a phone! LOL! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Message Edited by Jaxworld on 01-12-2010 01:25 AM
Visitor

If you don't like the website, why are you still on it asking questions and so forth?  LoL
Visitor

This is not the website we are talking about genious. Do you see any phones for sale here? We're talking about the Best Buy website. Then you go to the mobile phone section. Figure it out buddy!
Message Edited by Jaxworld on 01-12-2010 07:55 PM
Visitor

First off, I find it amusing that you are mocking me, but couldn't manage to spell genius correctly  Before you throw on your hardhat and try to act like a big fella, you should probably make sure that your argument is in order.  Otherwise, you just look stupid.

Second off, you specifically said you purchased it from, and I quote, "Best Buy Mobile.com on Black Friday for $79.99"  Notice how I put that in bold?  You specifically stated this website.  You didn't say Best Buy, then the cell phone section.  If ANYONE here needs to figure things out, it's you.

So, how anyone is supposed to believe your story, when you can't follow up on it correctly?  Here's the reality of the situation:  If your story has any validity to it whatsoever, the "India" accusation is pretty far-fetched as I can't recall a single situation I've EVER dealt with involving Best Buy where they outsourced.  I had to send my phone off for repair, and every time I had to call anybody, it was always an American.  I think you're here to be a naysayer, which is kinda sad in and of itself.  Likewise, if you're being serious about these issues, I doubt anybody in your "little town" really cares.  They might hear you and be like, "Man, that's no good.." but are they REALLY going to let it permanently affect their purchase decisions?  Doubtful.  What are you trying to accomplish here?

One experience is not representative of an entire organization, I'm sorry...I mean not to downplay what you experienced, or to say it was at all okay (Being charged 20 dollars extra is entirely irresponsible, and needs to be fixed immediately) but that is irrational.  No disrespect.

I can say from my experience with Best Buy Mobile, i have had the exact opposite, and only extremely positive experiences.  But you have to expect an organization as big as Best Buy makes a mistake somewhere...Sorry it had to be with you, but you gotta be realistic they can't hire the perfect person every time.  

Somebody slipped on the online orders, didn't process it through fast enough..didn't follow up..somebody failed.  But it's something that can be fixed if properly escalated. 

Community Veteran

The reason you had a bad experience is because you were not dealing with BB at all, but a third party named Simplexity. BB is ending their relationship with them soon.