Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

7.1 With Rear and Side Options on AVR

I was able to setup my Rocketfish Rocketboost wireless kit with 7.1 channel sound, but I have a question. My AVR (Pioneer Elite VSX-52) has inputs for both surround L + R channel and Surround Rear channel. The way I have the Rocketfish transmitter setup (as shown in the manual) I don't think I'm getting true 7.1 surround. There is no place to hook both surround L+R and Surround Rear outputs on the Rocketfish transmitter, which means (correct me if I'm wrong) you're simply using two left and two right speakers for either  the L+R surround channel, OR Rear Channel Surround, which is a 7 speaker configuration, but is not true 7.1 channel audio. Right?

Would it make sense to use zone B on the transmitter for one of the surround channels? Has anyone else ran into this scenerio, and if so how did you set it up?

Also, if there is a way to use zone B, I assume that means no chance of  a multi room configuration without and additional transmitter. Is this correct?

Visitor

Re: 7.1 With Rear and Side Options on AVR

Hello Daymon74,

If you follow the instructions (starting on page 20 of the manual) for setting up a 7.1 surround sound system, you will have all 4 channels available and thus have true surround sound. You will use both inputs "A" and "B" and you will need to set the "4 Channel Lock" to "Enable".

Visitor

I am having the same issue except I can't find a wiring configuration in the manual on page 20, or anywhere else that shows how to connect the speakers from the amplifier to the RF-RBKIT to achieve 7.1 surround sound.

Care to provide a diagram or an easy to follow instruction to wire this up?

Don

Visitor

You won't find anything in the manual. I did find a diagram on the bestbuy website, but I don't have the link to that anymore.

Basically, you'll lose multi room functionality, because you'll need to use "channel A"  for one set of speakers, and "channel B" for the other set. Here's how to hook it up.

Connect one wireless receiver to your rear pair. Connect the other wireless receiver to your side pair. Have only one receiver on at a time when syncing with the transmitter.

That's pretty much it. Just remember that if when wiring your receiver if the receiver interface will be facing you and your rear speakers are on the oppsite end of the room from your front speakers, and transmitter,  the rear speaker on your right will connect to the left terminal on the receiver; sort of like a mirrored effect, but not really since the designers of the receiver labeled the terminals exactly the same as the transmitter.