Add Product

Search Results:

iPod and older receiver

I have an older Sony receiver (early 2000's).  Is there a device that will allow me to connect an ipod or iphone?

Thanks,

Ken

Topics: 64
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 33

Re: iPod and older receiver

I don't know if you can still find it but I have a docking station that takes a 3.5mm plug and on the other end of the plug are a left and right rca jack that i plug into the CD player spot on the receiver.  Well on the one in the garage that is old.

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Topics: 11
Kudos: 9
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 22

Re: iPod and older receiver

Hi Kenevenpar!

Welcome to the forums; as mstng87gt mentioned, you shouldn’t have a problem using an Aux (3.5mm) to RCA adapter to be able to plug your device into your receiver. Simply connect it into the headphone port of your device, then plug the red and white ends into a stereo input (such as CD) on your receiver.

Check out this product, or search BestBuy.com for “Aux to RCA” like I did to find an adapter.

Hopefully this guides you in the right direction, and certainly feel free to ask the community if you need anything else! 

Agent Kevin|Retired Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate

While I'm a current employee of Best Buy, my views, opinions, and advice do not reflect those of Best Buy or its affiliates.