Add Product

Search Results:

iPod Touch 4th Gen 16GB Cracked Screen - Need Repair Solutions

Hi, 

I've just accidentally cracked my screen. I do not believe I have warranty, and I have no plan under Geek Squad. Any solutions saying I should go to a Apple Store site (since I believe the closest would be Grand Rapids, and I am unable to drive nor have transportation to drive *over* an hour anywhere to get my iPod repaired) will not work for me.  Is there any possible solutions for myself, to fix the cracked screen, that will be as painless as possible? Any helpful responses will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Re: iPod Touch 4th Gen 16GB Cracked Screen - Need Repair Solutions

Um im pretty sure that it will take a professional to repair a screen. U can try but thats a huge risk. I think its better if u take it to the apple store or if u have a friend or someone u know that is good with electronics, u can but the screen from ebay or something and ask them to fix it for u. Smiley Happy

Dude you just answer your question. You can fix that alone you need the PRO to do it for you. The only thing you have to do is sacrifice.

You can't fix that alone. You need a technician from Apple to do that.

So far I've gone to Apple Support and sent in a service request; I also talked to a friend who works for Apple Inc. and they suggested a few things and told me I should still be under warranty. Hopefully this will be a quicker and better way to mail it in and get it fixed and they mail it back. I looked up pricing and it said $99 (in-case I'm not covered, since I do not have applecare). Otherwise, I will resort to a friend, who's somewhat savvy about technology, fix it. Looking at this screen is very heartbreaking. lol.
Highlighted

Just call a repair store, I do not know where you live but in LA,Ca we have a place called U break We Fix, they fixed my screen for less than $100....beats buying a whole new phone for $600