Add Product

Search Results:

iPod Component that goes in your shoe?

[ Edited ]
I heard that you can get a sensor that links to your iPod (or a special iPod) that goes in your running shoe and then syncs to an application that can help track your progress and gives you special messages and incentives while you're running. Does anyone know what this is called? Can I get it at Best Buy?
Message Edited by JLeigh on 09-22-2008 12:22 PM

Re: iPod Component that goes in your shoe?

I heard that it's a Nike product that works with iPod Nanos.  I've heard there great, but haven't used them before.  I think some Nike shoes also come with it built into the shoe.

I'm not sure if Best Buy sells them.  Anyone know?

Anyone use these before?  Do they work and what's your impression of them?

Retired: Community Builder

[ Edited ]

I used to work at a shoe store that sold these. They are call the Nike+ and work with the iPod nano. The have also made them for use with a special Nike wrist band. What you get is a little transmitter that going into a spacial pair of shoes that you also need to purchase. The sensor in the transmitter measures your pace, distance, time elapsed and calories burned. This information is sent to your iPod or wristband for real-time information while you are running. For more information about Nike+ you can visit the Nike+ Website.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by Matthew-BBY on 09-23-2008 04:59 PM
Highlighted

Those are available on the BestBuy.com website. Search for item# 8033629. From there you will be able to find out if they are carried at your local store.

Bianca

Best Buy® Tulsa 221

Bianca
Best Buy® Tulsa 221

"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to love more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." --Woodrow Wilson