Search Results:

bose companion 20

hey guys, does bose companion 20 has adual voltage? 110-220 volts

Highlighted
Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

Re: bose companion 20

It is hard to say I can find no information from Bose on the power supply for it and I cant find much of anything else.

However some digging did bring me to "Bose branded replacement power supplies" Those units list dual voltage on the supply however I can not with certainty they are "Authentic Bose"
Trusted Contributor

In the manual, in the included parts, the power pack is listed with an asterisk. The footnote says "Correct for your region".

This suggests to me that the power pack included is different based on region, which may mean it is not dual voltage. Like Neihn, though, I couldn't find a definitive answer. Bose site has an Online Chat, you could pop on and ask one of their reps for that information. 

Thanks guys,bought from bestbuy two days ago and I'm using it on our 220volts outlet,working ok and sounds great,on box outside it says 120volts but the transformer inside says 120-240 volts.Thank you guys,One more question? which is better when it comes to clarity of voice and deep bass Bose Companion 20 or Bowers and Wilkins MM-1?I've already heard Companion 20 and I never heard Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 yet,any idea ?thank you.

Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

Hey Hydrogenwv, when they say that it doesn't always mean what you think it does. My Toshiba laptop said the same thing, but the power brick was dual voltage. The difference was it came with a US standard 3 prong power cord instead of the Euro 220v 2 prong version. So just swapping the plugs out is all that was needed.
Topics: 64
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 33

I have never listened to the MM-1 but anything B & W is phenomenal and will certainly blow Bose away with sound quality. I won't comment anymore as I have nothing nice to say about Bose.

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!