Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Simple Ipod 3G questions

I'm so far behind the times so I know this is a dumb question but....

Does it cost to use the internet on the Ipod 3G?  As long as your in a WiFi area (such as my home), is that all there is to it?

Does this apply to the Iphone also or do you have to pay for internet service through your wireless carrier to get to the internet?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

Re: Simple Ipod 3G questions

Q. Does it cost to use the internet on the Ipod 3G?  As long as your in a WiFi area (such as my home), is that all there is to it?

A. No there is no additional cost. The iPod Touch can only connect to the internet via a WiFi Connection. So if you are at home or at any public place that offers free wifi there is no additional cost.

Q. Does this apply to the Iphone also or do you have to pay for internet service through your wireless carrier to get to the internet?

A. Yes and No. When using the iPhone you must have the "iPhone Data plan" which is an additional 30 or 35 dollars that will go on top of your minute plan pricing. This allows you to use the cellular network to access the internet when a WiFi connection is unavailable at no additional cost since you are pay the 30 or 35 dollars per month extra for unlimited data. But do not confuse the data plan with the Text messaging.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Simple Ipod 3G questions

Personal iPhone Data is $30. iPhone Data with access to Exchange is $45.