Add Product

Search Results:

IPod touch help

So i cracked my 4th gen ipod touch and i bought a 2 year besy buy warrenty and took it to best buy and they said a new one would be shipped out in a couple day. When i got my new ipod 4g i noticed that is was significantly thicker that my old 4g and then i noticed that there was nothing on the back like no logo no serial number no nothing can someone please explain this to me.

Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

Re: IPod touch help

Most repaired iPods the backs have been buffed out by apple to remove the scuff marks. This in turns removes the printing that was on the back of the device. This is nothing to worry about as it is very common.

However if you are worried about maybe not having the same device. I suggest you look at the Model number listed in the Settings menu and either look up the model number online or post the model number here so we can help you determine if you got the correct one.

Ok i understand the back being buffed up but why is the ipod slightly ticker than my old one, i compared it to my friends ipod touch 4g and his is thinner??

Did you check the model number of the one you got to verify you received the right iPod back?

If you dont want to try to sort out apples Model number scheme you can also just use their website for warranty status. Just enter your serial number and it will tell you what model it is.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do?newid=y

This still doesnt explain the extra thickness and mine was deliverd 

Umm did you check the model number/serial number? If you got the wrong model/generation THAT WOULD EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE IF YOU GOT THE WRONG GENERATION. So again did you check the model/serial with Apple to verify you got the correct version?
Highlighted

Yea i did it says apple ipod 4g on the website