Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: IPod Touch in-store supply

Looks like the stores are starting to get some deliveries.  I have two stores in my area with the 8 gig units.  I am just waiting for a 16 gig.  Hopefully it wont be too much longer.

thanks for everyones input.

Highlighted

Three days later and still nothing new.  I realize that I'm just being impatient with this, but if someone could please tell me why no store within four states of me has in any stock, while there are competitors who do, I'd probably relax a lot.
Highlighted

The inventory that showed up on the website on the 10th was an error on Best Buy's part.  When I checked again yesterday the stores were still sold out and the website inventory was set back to "unavailable" 

Target, Walmrt, Frs, and Circuity City are all out also. My guess is that production is backed up for some reason or Apple is releasing a new product and there is a gap between when they stopped production on the old (gen 2) and the announcement/stocking of the new product. 

What I find so interesting is that no one knows what is going on.  When Microsoft had supply issues with the Xbox 360 you could call Best Buy and they would at least let you know that there was a production issue. They knew that each store was getting small batches of shipments every other week or so and told you to check back on a specific day when they were expecting their next delivery.  You could also find a bunch of information on the web about the problems that Microsoft was having with their suppliers.   

The only think I can find on the web about the IPod Touch issue is this small posting.  Maybe there are only 5 of us out there actually wanting to buy one of these things. 

I called the local Apple store yesterday to see if they had any in stock and also find out if they knew why every store in the local area was out of stock.  After explaining the situation to him in a very easy going manner his exact response was “No Comment.”   WTH

With just about every store across the country being out of stock you would think that you would hear more.  I have never been a Mac or Ipod/ITunes user and I have heard stories about how secretive Apple can be, so all this cloak and dagger stuff is new to me.

Highlighted

While Apple is notoriously secretive...that usually doesn't stop people from speculating (sometimes obsessively) about what is going on inside the company and what's coming up in the near future.  There's entire web-sites devoted to rumors, etc.  Yet, I can barely find mention of the fact that you can't seem to find one of these in stock anywhere but the Apple Store...I too asked an Apple Store employee about this and all he would tell me is that they had them in stock...I have Best Buy gift cards so that didn't help me...still puzzled....

Highlighted

Yeah, this is my first experience with an Apple product, but I actually had an iPod Touch before it died on me.  I gotta say, that this device is really cool.  It's probably why I'm so antsy to get my replacement.
Highlighted

Consider yourself lucky then, the current backorder will hold you back 3-4 weeks, which is an unbearable long time. I am angry at BB for not having supply, and not giving an estimate as to when they will re-stock on these items. And I am stuck with their dam store credit, so I cannot purchase it elsewhere, where they have it, such as Circuit City.
Highlighted

That's exactly what I'm going through, but now I've just found a store about 40 minutes away that had 5 in stock.  I talked with the people on the phone, and I placed the order through the web for in-store pickup.  It appears that they're getting very small amounts shipped to them store by store, and it shouldn't be long before all stores have them in stock.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I actually tried that, sseeing as how they had 3 units in the store. After I finished I got an email telling me they didnt have it at that  store. Then I called them and they said they had 3 units, and the BB website said they had stock. Later I found out all they had were open box units, so they deceptively pretended they had stock, causing me and some others trouble. I got pissed and just changed it to delivery, it shipped out today, hopefully will arrive soon, depending on where it is located. The ipt2g are no longer backordered.

Update: It looks like stores are finally getting their supplies back in order. Too late for me though, since I already ordered shipping, now I just have to put up with UPS shipping.

Message Edited by MumboJumbo on 01-20-2009 06:40 PM