Add Product

Search Results:

IPOD trouble

Hi.  I just bought an Ipod and I cant get it to connect to my computer for me to put music on it.  how do i put music on it?

THanks

Regular Contributor

Re: IPOD trouble

Have you installed iTunes yet?

Yea I downloaded Itunes but I got it to work but now I cant.  Plus my husband has his own ipod and it will not pick that ipod up.  Do I have to do something different?
Regular Contributor

It sounds like the computer is the problem. Try completely uninstalling iTunes, then reinstalling it.

I'm not sure the PC is the problem. When you first install ITunes, you have to <enable disk saving> or reading AND you would have to check <manually> organize your files. NEVER let ITunes automatically update your IPod. I did that once and it wiped out all of my music. Everything must be manually organized by you, so that you can plug and unplug multiple IPods on the same PC in your household.
Highlighted

When you connect the ipod to your pc, does it revognize it? If it does not, it may be your cable or your computer that has the problem. But if its being recognised or read by your pc, then its the program or itunes. Try to locate where the problem is. So its easier to solve.