Add Product

Search Results:

Can I Trade My Ipod For A New One ??

My Ipod goes back to the lock screen everytime I go to an app.  It also brings up the turn off screen without me pressing the power button.  Is there any way that I can trade it in for a new one?

Re: Can I Trade My Ipod For A New One ??

The screen is also cracked because I dropped it a few times and I had to wiggle the charger to make it work, but it was still working fine until now.  

Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

When did you purchase it?

Did you purchase the Black Tie Protection with accidental handling?

If the device is cracked and you do not have the black tie protection plan there is nothing you can do. If you have the black tie protection plan they can send it off and get you a refurbished unit. Sometimes the store manager will allow a exception and allow a instore replacement but that is rare.

I didn't buy it. I got it from my niece.

It still worked while the screen was cracked. I think it was the charger that messed it up. 

Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

Unless it has the black tie protection plan where you can get it repaired there is nothing you can do other then buying a new one at full price.

Best Buy does have a trade in system but if it is cracked and not functioning properly you wont get much for it. maybe 20 or 30 dollars max.
Emerging Expert

you best bet may be to try and sell it on an online auction web site site as for part or repair.

@KendiaR wrote:

My Ipod goes back to the lock screen everytime I go to an app.  It also brings up the turn off screen without me pressing the power button.  Is there any way that I can trade it in for a new one?

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Better to buy a new one dude.