Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Best MP3/4 player with a big screen???

Hi,

I want to buy an MP3/4 player for my disabled son.  I need the largest screen possible to capture his attention (I've seen one that is 3", are there any larger than that?) and would love one with the option of external speakers or ear plugs. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mari

Community Veteran

Re: Best MP3/4 player with a big screen???

Touch or Zune.

Even better the Archos 5 with a 4.8 inch touch screen and everything else

I'm not sure what your message means but not a touch screen since my son (who is severely disabled) would constantly touch the screen, making the movie stop.  I want something that has a large screen with control buttons on the side or not easily changed.

I looked at this unit but the price is fairly high, and it does a lot of stuff that I don't need (like television, internet, media club).  I prefer to stay around the $100.  price range and use it for watching videos or video clips (my son's attention span is very, very short) plus put his music on the unit.  It would be used for him to be entertained on airplanes, long car trips and when it is necessary for him to sit quietly.  

Is there anything like the Archos 5 but in a smaller price range?

Community Veteran

You're not going to find a large screen, non touchscreen video player for $100. Anything with a large screen is going to also be touchscreen.

Recognized Member

I would tend to agree with Nokia.

Aside from the iPod Touch, I would recommend checking out the Cowon S9 and the Samsung YP-P3.  The Samsung YP-P3 is the least expensive of the 3 and has a 3" screen.  You can pick one up for $135-140 shipped from numerous retailers.

Recognized Member

Oh and stay away from the Zunes as they are very poorly made.  There's a reason why there are countless numbers of used, broken Zunes all over fleabay, Craig*list, etc

Community Veteran

Not sure where you get that idea.