Add Product

Search Results:

Trusted Member

What happens to a purchase made using reward certificates is returned via a gift receipt?

I am planning on purchasing my nephew some items for his birthday using my reward certificates.  I plan on giving a gift receipt incase he does not like what I get him.  What will happen to the funds if the items are returned?

Highlighted
Topics: 1,838
Kudos: 941
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 352

Re: What happens to a purchase made using reward certificates is returned via a gift receipt?

From the website for Rewards 

If I return an item where reward certificates were used, do I get them back?

Yes. If you made a purchase using reward certificates and your order is returned or canceled, we will refund the points to your My Best Buy account within 3–6 business days.

So, essentially the points would be credited back to your account. 

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.
Topics: 1,838
Kudos: 941
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 352

Re: What happens to a purchase made using reward certificates is returned via a gift receipt?

Just wanted to let you know as a community here on the Best Buy forums we can help suggest items they may like as each one of us has different expertise on products sold at Best Buy, so if you have any pre-purchase questions please feel free to post to the forum that represents the kind of item you're purchasing and we'll help you out. 

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.