Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Elite and Elite Plus are back?

@theBody wrote:
I see this is the dumping ground for everyones negative posts. GG mods. Way to offer us nothing.

The ones they're allowing at least.

My State AG corporate response was basically "Too Bad, So Sad" and HEY you know you can sign up for TT and get everything you've been promised to get for free for the low low price of $200/yr.

No thanks.

Recognized Member

Im sure they covered their butts legally. Its just a total bait and switch. But hey, too bad, so sad is the status quo.

What state was that?

PA. To be clear, the AG office got back to me with professional letterhead and all that and said concern was forwarded to business. BBY corporate was the lame response.

Oh. That makes more sense. Jerks.

[ Edited ]

Also according to {removed per forum guidelines} from Doctor of Credit that starting on September 27th your reward points will auto redeem going forward, i.e. not allow you to bank points the whole point of a long term loyalty reward program.

Look, I've been a loyal Best Buy customer for years, the reason I went to Best Buy was twofold.  First, they had the Gamers Club which was a great deal.  The second was Gamestop which I used for my video game purchases did the auto redeem bull which ended up costing me literally hundreds of dollars in rewards that were auto redeemed then expired before I knew what was happening.  I feel that if/when this change in banking rewards points goes through I'm probably not going to use Best Buy for anything except certain movie Steelbook releases I can only get through them.  Video game purchases I'll probably look elsewhere. 

Recognized Member

Just now noticed this. What the...?! Going to keep mostly using Best Buy until year's end because of some holiday plans, but after this, probably going to mostly use Amazon again.

Who hasn't bought anything from Best Buy since this news dropped? I got my email March 28th.

Last thing for me was purchased February 19th.

Recognized Member

Everything that would incur a shipping charge i have bought elsewhere. Ill keep buying anything over the free shipping threshold until im forced to redeem my points in sept, then im done.