Add Product

Search Results:

Unauthorized Transaction

I have a charge on my credit card manually enter from this store   Merchant Contact Information

7601 PENN AVE, MN 55423

Additional Information
Transaction DetailsMerchant CategoryTransaction DatePurchase MethodPost DateRecurring Billing IndicatorSales Tax Amount
ELECTRONIC STORES
SAT, 05/30/2020
MANUALLY KEYED
SAT, 05/30/2020
Y
$4.90
Visitor

Total Tech Support Member-GeekSquad no help customer service nonexistent!!!!!!!

I'm very angry. My total tech support ends tomorrow. I live 2 hours away from closest Best Buy store. In store I purchased my 1st MacBook Pro. The salesperson said total tech support would teach me how to use it. I've only used hp previously. I was also told it covered help for all items in my home. The day after I made the purchase I had to update the MacBook. Then webroot wasn't compatible with the update. I called several times. The first agent I spoke with didn't know how to help and put me on hold for the next level agent. Then that rep would ask for access to my MacBook. After I gave it, I was told they would work on it and they ended the call. This happened repeatedly! I asked for guidance and never got it. Every call went this way. No # specific for GeekSquad. Always had to go through BB auto system taking forever. I've called and spoken with 2 representatives in the past couple weeks about my membership. They each said it would be extended a month because it was inaccessible during COVID-19. I never received emails from them to confirm. They also placed me on hold for tech support. After an hour I hung up. I made an in store appointment online. I drove 2 hrs each way, after having  foot surgery, for this appointment. The geek squad rep was nice but not an Apple person. He couldn't help me with anything. He said he didn't know when a gs tech person would be available. They aren't taking appointments yet. Best Buy was great at spending my money, but I don't know how to use my products and will have to figure it out on my own. My membership expires tomorrow! Chat support-not available. Phone  support-lies, then on hold indefinitely, scheduled in store appointment-no Apple support. I know the world has changed and we all are having difficulties, but this total tech support was a scam. If I want to purchase something, chat is immediately available. Tech support chat-hours wait. Geek Squad phone support-lied then on hold for hours. For customer service-non existent! $$$$-down the toilet 🤬😤😭

Re: Total tech support membership

I asked the same question to online customer support through chat and on the phone and both told me that my Total Tech Support membership could not be extended.  The only option was to cancel and get a prorated refund from the date I cancel the membership.  They won't even go back to March when they stopped providing any support.  So they offered a service that we paid for upfront and they are not honoring the agreement.  I am in a situation that if I cancel the Total Tech Support then I definitely will not be able to get my car stereo and the backup camera fixed. I guess I have to continue waiting and hoping that they hire the car installers back soon and I can get an appointment before the subscription and/or warranty expires.  Since they are not able to fix the items I purchased then they should provide replacements but I am not they will not do that either.  My family will not be giving Best Buy another dime unless they start providing customer service again soon.  I will have a lot to say about my experience with Best Buy on social media as well. 

Unauthorized BestBuy renewal charge

I have been charged $ 69.99 from my bank account for "BestBuy Renewal", this is a mistake because I have never authorized this charge.

Please contact me to get my money back.

Cancel subscription and refund

I didn't take out a subscription however you have taken money. Please refund. You emailed me then said I didn't have an account. 

wrong account

Doing my 2O19 taxes, I found that I had been billed $70 for some kind of "Renewal" on 5/21/19.

I was also billed $202.31 on 8/26/19 for a "Renewal."  I believe this is the correct charger for my current account.

I do not know what the $70 renewal is.  Is it an old account that I no longer have?  Am I being billed for someone else?

I had this same problem before and disputed the charge for the same reason...what is the $70 for?  Eventually my credit card company determined that the merchant was right and deserved the money!!!!  WHAT????  With no explanation of the $70 "Renewal" charge and a later $200+ charge for "Renewal" how could the merchant (Best Buy) be correct?  I am being charged for some other account as well as my current account.   

I tried to deal with customer service by phone on June 8, 2020 but they disconnected me after trying twice to research this with no success.  Is that the standard practice for customer service when it is difficult to find a solution?

Unauthorized Purchase from Best Buy Richfield MN

Hello,

I just got my credit card statement and discovered that there is an unauthorized purchase of $31.22 at the Best Buy Online of Richfield MN. I can see that multiple people had a similar issue earlier on in the year and all the way back in 2019, but whatever got purchased using my card was purchased on June 3, 2020. The charge is based on a manual key-in of my card, which is why I wonder at it. 

In February I did make a subscription renewal for my anti-virus software, but that charge was approximately $50 and was already paid through  my credit card. Since February I have made no further renewals or service subscriptions that I'm aware of. Please let me know what can be done about this. 

Haven't received refund from Geek Squad, despite cancelling via phone. I've been waiting since April

Hi! I cancelled my 2-year accidental Geek Squad Protection in April (well within the date allowing a refund) and have called them several times to see when my refund is coming in. I recently checked my BB account and the plan says active, for some reason. Is there any way this can be looked at and cancelled?

Thank you!

Trend Mircro Refund

I brought a computer back in March and unbeknownst to me, it was bundleded with a software package know as Trend Micro. So, I still have a $29.00 on my Best Buy credit card. I got it cancelled and was told to wait for a refund.

I also called in to GeekSquad on 06/02, because the store said they can't help me with the return. A rep named Teresa said that it would take 7-10 business days for me to see the refund. Still nothing.

I'm at my wits end. What do I do next?

Geek Squad ignorance

Who do I talk to for support for Geek Squad membership that I was basically forced to purchase that I didn’t need? I have been going round for round with customer service trying to get my annual membership fee refunded. I was having problems getting my headset to work on a new computer that I purchased the day before the store closed due to COVID 19. Like many people I was going to have to start working from home. The computer I purchased was not in stock and I had to have it delivered. I could not get my headset to work on my VDI. I contacted Best Buy to see if the problem was with the computer or the headset. The first tier person could not help me. I was told I would have to pay for Geek Squad service in order to speak with anyone else. The store was closed, they were not taking walk in or appointments, so I had to pay to get the help after being assured that I could get a refund if they were unable to help me. Long story short, after 2 hours on the phone with the Geek Squad, 2 hours on the phone with ASUS, 1 on the phone with Microsoft and a last ditch call to my companies Solutions Center. I went to YouTube. In less then 10 minutes I found out that Windows 10 does not support headsets unless they are USB. The old headphone jack style can not be used for both input and output of sound at the same time. I then reached out to the store asking for my refund. The store told me I had to contact corporate, corporate had an estimated hold time of 3 hours. The hold time did not decrease for over a week. I finally contacted my bank and asked them to dispute the charges because I should not have had to be escalated to tier 2 for such an easy explanation. If I could have walked up to the desk with my computer and headset anyone behind the desk should have been able to assist me. I waited for my bank to handle my dispute and stopped trying to reach Best Buy. My bank received pushback from Best Buy and 3 weeks later my dispute was denied. I then called Best Buy again. Hold time was now an hour. I spent 4 hours on the phone and spoke with 3 departments before I was transferred to someone who promised me a full refund. The following week I got emails 1 issuing the refund but for the wrong amount and one issuing what should have been the balance. The total refund was $37 less then what I had paid. I have now spent over 10 hours on the phone, been transferred countless times, hung up on 3 times mid transfer and finally told that the remaining $37 is not going to be refunded because I went past the 30 day cancellation date on a service I never needed, wanted or used.