Add Product

Search Results:

TCL TV picture issues

I recently bought a TCL 49" 5 series.  Disappointed with the picture when watching movies as the dark areas are splotchy.  I have contacted TCL without success and they said it might be bandwidth or source issues.  However I have a Vizio TV in the house that shows the picture just fine.  I need some help.

Topics: 1,104
Kudos: 760
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 262

Re: TCL TV picture issues

Have you considered going to Geek Squad for proper TV calibration? Many TVs may look fine out of the box for the regular user but those who prefer more control and quality over their picture will appreciate calibration. 

I do agree on the bandwidth part as many carriers cram channels into one frequency and the bandwidth to provide a clearer picture may not be there. 

With electronic devices, this is a sketchy subject as many cables can deliver the picture quality just fine versus a cable that may sell over a hundred bucks and so forth.

And as always have you tried different cables and so forth?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Re: TCL TV picture issues

Is there an additional means they can callibrate vs. the onscreen menus?