Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Sales Associate Sold Knowing Wrong Item to My 10 year old daughter and my elder mother

I have a little disappointed in the Lafayette Indiana Best Buy Store. My 10 year old daughter went in with my grandmother to get a stylus for her Dell Insprion 11 computer for her birthday so she could draw on her laptop. She spoke with a young man there that did not have a clue what he was talking about. Although I do not have must IT experiance, when a stylus pen states on the box it only works with Android and IOS, that means it will not work with a Dell Insprion 11 Laptop. I had her take her computer with her to test but when it did not work right, the young man just told her it was because the batter was not charged up. Can you guess how she felt when she got home, charged it all up, and it didnt work? Yep, very disappointed and upset daughter. I will be returning the stylus to Lafayette but doubt I will be getting anything to replace it. This young sales associate took advantage of a grandparent and a 10 year old girl for the sole purpose of making a sale.

Highlighted
Topics: 1,190
Kudos: 625
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 286

Re: Sales Associate Sold Knowing Wrong Item to My 10 year old daughter and my elder mother

Hey there! Best Buy Associates should always have the correct knowledge when you visit a store and if they don't know the answer they should see if anyone knows. In any case everyone who works there should know their items. Even though I do know most things about technology, there are times where I'll need an associate to consult with for the items I want to purchase.

They are always helpful.

I'm not sure why a stylus was suggested for a computer. First of all, computers should have touch screens for this purpose with a foldable screen. Then, there are some computers you can draw with on your finger, but does not replicate the tablet experience.

In looking at tablet technology, I see that Apple and Samsung have some technology in styluses that are geared towards their tablets specifically but would not work with others.

And also, Microsoft seems to have their own contraption as well for this purposes.

Otherwise for a non compatible laptop, it would come down to a drawing tablet connected to a computer and the pen would be used for drawing art and so forth.

While I imagine that computers with touch screens would work with some of the styluses we use on our phone, you want to be careful of using them and you could potentially scratch the screen up or cause damage. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted
Topics: 2
Kudos: 54
Blog Posts: 6
Solutions: 6

Re: Sales Associate Sold Knowing Wrong Item to My 10 year old daughter and my elder mother

Hello, CoreyNolan!

Thank you for visiting our Best Buy forums. We sincerely appreciate the feedback you provided and apologize for the experience your daughter had with this purchase. I see that @hockeycanuckjc has provided some great feedback on this situation. If you happen to have any further questions, please let us know as we are happy to assist!

Alison|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Highlighted

With all do respect,  Neither one of the posts have anything to do with my orginal one.  The first reply was just someone towting how much they knew about techonology.  What I was saying was that a sales associated to advantage to an elder grandparent and a excited 10 year old birthday girl and sold her something that was wrong. My daughter even took her Dell Laptop in and tried the stylus that even said only worked on IOS and Android. However, the assicaite told her it did not work because the battery in the pen was low.   My point is, don't belive everything the assicaited tells you, some are there only to make a sale. 

Highlighted
Topics: 1,190
Kudos: 625
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 286

@CoreyNolan wrote:

With all do respect,  Neither one of the posts have anything to do with my orginal one.  The first reply was just someone towting how much they knew about techonology.  What I was saying was that a sales associated to advantage to an elder grandparent and a excited 10 year old birthday girl and sold her something that was wrong. My daughter even took her Dell Laptop in and tried the stylus that even said only worked on IOS and Android. However, the assicaite told her it did not work because the battery in the pen was low.   My point is, don't belive everything the assicaited tells you, some are there only to make a sale. 

Look my post has everything to do with what you said. I know your situation sounds wrong and that's just not Best Buy's style of doing business. Also if something does not add up at any time in the store - Do not purchase, please ask questions. You can get a second or third opinion from assoicates. 

There is a management email on each local store page on the Best Buy site, I'm sure the manager or the supervisor would love to hear the feedback and make it right. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Hi, CoreyNolan!

I understand your concerns. We never hope to make our customers feel this way. I apologize that the associate did not look deeper into the needs of what your daughter and grandmother were looking to purchase. I would welcome you to speak with a manager when you visit to let them know what took place. I am sure they would be happy to also offer some guidance on what will and will not work for your needs. 

Thank you!

Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Highlighted

Thank you for the information.  

Replys by Best Buy Ecpmloyees are more helpful then Super Useres.  Thanks

Highlighted

My pleasure, CoreyNolan!

Let us know if we can assist with anything further and have a lovely afternoon.