Add Product

Search Results:

Return and Refund Assistance

Hello, I am very frustrated and annoyed by how my case is being handled by Best Buy. I purchased a gaming laptop for the holidays (value of $2,699) on November 27th, 2020, and wanted to return the item as I did not like the product. I had a week left to return because due to the holiday returning policy. I brought the laptop to the physical store, waited in line for 2 hours and they told me that they cannot process the return because it is showing out of policy on their end. I would have to process the order online and ship it to Best Buy because it is saying that I still have a week left on the website (it was online order). This made no sense for me and cumbersome for both parties but there was nothing I can do.

So I took the laptop to UPS with the shipping label prepared by Best Buy. I shipped and the package arrived at Best Buy on 1/20/2020 according to the tracking number. On the website, it says to allow 5 days to begin the refund process but I still have not received it. I literally called every day after 2 weeks since returning and spent countless hours with the agent.

Here are my issues with the customer service and how it is being handled:

1. Agents would hang up on me after telling me to wait 20-30 minutes
  2. Agents also told me that they will process the refund and escalate it. Telling me that I will receive an email within 24-48 hours but NEVER got a single contact
  3. After spending about 30 hours on the call total, and talking to about 12 agents (this is a month after my return), they tell me today that the package was received at the Best Buy warehouse but the package was empty. Therefore, they are telling me to call law enforcement, file the case, and maybe reach out to UPS. I am not sure why this is my responsibility to do so when I did my part and sent it. Best Buy will not issue a refund to me unless this investigation is over which has an indefinite timeline.

We could have all avoided this situation if they just let me return it to the store. I bought it under Best Buy credit card and it's basically $2800 dollars I could have used towards something else. I am very frustrated with the situation and it is eating up my time. The agents tell me the same information every time, and I even tried to escalate to a supervisor but no progress. Please help me get my refund. I wasted so much time already and I am getting disappointed in Best Buy.

Re: Return and Refund Assistance

I am having an exact same issue with Best Buy.

Returned product, delivered on 1/14/'21 and still not getting refund.

Called so many times and getting same answer all the time: under investigation, no timeline, will recevie email........

Not sure if I can ever get refund.

Best Buy customer service is the worst.

Re: Return and Refund Assistance

I feel you... I've been a loyal customer but this is ridiculously frustrating. I hope this forum catches attention

Re: BEST BUY GIFT CARD NOT REFUNDED

I am having a similar issue. I’ve tried calling Best Buy several times since they received my return almost 2 months ago. I keep being told different stories and getting absolutely no help. I am out 100.00 and I am beyond infuriated

MISSING RETURN CREDIT

Seems like a fairly common complaint on this forum, historicaly, Best Buy has left many waiting for an expected refund.

My item was returnded via UPS, unit received and confirmation noted  by Best Buy, yet it has been over 5 weeks and no credit has beed posted, going through the recommended channels ...calling customer service, speaking to the back office, expecting the email confirmation that never arrive, not unlike the credit, all leads nowhere.

Very frustating the lack of communication and execution. The amount is over $500 , and one should not need to waste time to receive a refund expected in 7-10 business days, they have the product back, now I want my money back.

Not a difficult concept .At this point,please get past the incompetance and get me my credit.