Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Return Policy

I have shopped at my local Best Buy (#127) for years and have had positive experiences until now.  However, I received a Fitbit as a gift for Christmas, but already have one. This week my husband attempted to exchange it in store. The Fitbit was never used or opened and remained in its original packaging. The original receipt was provided as well. The customer service associate and manager he spoke to reported that the exchange was outside the return window which ended January 12.  My husband explained he was not seeking a refund, but simply wanted to exchange it. He was told that was not possible. He went in within one month of the original purchase date, with the original receipt and an unopened item. In addition, he was planning to purchase an Apple watch instead which would have been more money for Best Buy. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever purchase from Best Buy again and will be sharing our experience with everyone we know. I truly hope it was worth the few hundred dollars for Best Buy.

Returned Item in May 2017. Egift card still has not been refunded even after my 12 calls and message

I purchased an item with a gift card and my credit card. I returned the item less than a week later. My credit card was refunded but the egift card has still not been refunded. I have called so many times since May 2017. I was told to call egift card support. When I do no one picks up and I get transferred around. Why? 

I just want my $240 please best buy. Why are you guys so unprofessional? 

Status of Return - TV picked up, Refund not sent

Hello,

I recently purchased and returned a TCL 65R615 TV. I contacted the Besy Buy customer service line and had a pick up arranged. The pick up team was very prompt and helpful. The pick up took place on December 17th.

It is January 3rd (10th business day) and I've neither heard nor seen any movement on this return. I've contacted the Best Buy customer service line three times to inquire about the status of my return but was either transferred and hung up on, or was told to just call back. The 3 to 5 business day bit they tell us ended up being 5 to 10 business days then I was passed off again and ultimately disconnected.

So now I no longer have the TV, nor the $1000 I spent on it, but I do have a pick up confirmation slip from the pick up team, which is dandy. Truth be told though, I'd much rather have my money back as promised.

Best Buy does not have a customer service email or chat service, which makes sense since no one enjoys unhappy customers, but considering the experience so far, they probably do not want customers tracking their responses either.

Please, could someone help point me in the right direction? I'd prefer to work this out as the return/exchange policy outlines in a timely manner.

gift card refund

I made a purchase on Best Buy online on 12/29/2018 using 2 gift cards. A few hours later the order was cancelled by Best Buy. I did not receive my credit back to my gift cards. I contacted Best Buy Elite Plus customer help 4 days later. A lady who was very difficult to understand due to her accent, told me that gift card balance would be refunded and I would receive an email confirmation. 2 days later, still nothing. I then found info on my app stating that gift card refund should occur about 30 minutes after cancellation. It's shameful that Best Buy is trying to steal my money.

Worst store

I go to the store in Pinole, California for change my chrome book and they didn’t want to do this because serial number wasn’t match. But I bought it in this store. I call manager and she said she wouldn’t do anything to me. I was shocked. So they sold me broken item and don’t want return it. I wasn’t asking for money I ask change item.

Gift card refund after cancellation

About a week ago I placed an order on bestbuy.com for in-store pickup.  I paid in part with a Best Buy gift card.  The entire balance of the gift card was applied to the order.  The remainder of the order was paid for by credit card.

Best Buy cancelled the order because the item was no longer available.  

My credit card was not charged.  However, my gift card balance was never refunded.

I spoke with Best Buy customer service by phone, who indicated it could take up to 24 hours.  After 2 days, I spoke with another Best Buy representative by phone who took down my information and indicated someone would be in touch with me within 3-4 days.  I have received no contacts.

I am happy to provide transaction details by private message. 

Agony with customer support

[ Edited ]

Hi folks, I’m Peter {removed per forum guidelines} , Director of Photography in LA, and I’m stuck in a customer service loop that you might find interesting.

We recently bought a lovely new house in LA using our realtor, Rick. When we wrapped up he was nice enough to give us a $500 Best Buy gift card 💳

We bought a washer & dryer, which we paid for via PayPal & the gift card. We ultimately felt it was too big for our space so returned it.

After a month I checked up on why the balance hadn’t been returned so called up to ask 📞

The Gift-card part of the Primary customer support department (which I’m very familiar with now) was difficult because it takes around 40 minutes to get talking, then try to have them transfer me up to a department that can help.

I want to point out that you do have a few absolute star agents in the secondary department that were a pleasure to deal with ⭐️

On my first attempt, I was told that they need to speak to the person who bought the gift card before proceeding so we had to try to arrange with our realtor to call Best Buy. This was super awkward; how do I ask our realtor I barely know, to call a support line and wait in line to then explain to an agent what’s going on?
I eventually had the agent call Rick a few times but he was busy or didn’t take the call.
It wasn’t practical.

Second attempt, I had called Rick to pre-warn him of this and that Best Buy may call if I can get through to them... this time, they told me they can’t make outgoing calls because their phones don’t dial out.
Hmm, ok 📞 🤔

On my third attempt, I got a great lady who understood. She actually refunded the money, and initiated a fresh gift-card to be sent out on ~2 weeks. Amazing! This would have closed the case but, whichever department actually puts a card in the mail decided that they couldn’t send it for whatever reason 📬⚠️

Here’s one big problem:
Nobody told me there was a problem 🙊

I waited 3 or 4 weeks, checking the mail every day. Wife always asking, and urging me to call again, not knowing how difficult that is to do 🤷🏼‍♀️

Eventually I called back. It had been a month.
It took a while to get through again and had to explain to Primary again (their notes on the case are very basic so fresh agents don’t really get the whole picture).

I got a less effective person but with some encouragement we had the card once again RE-initiated, with an assurance that it’s absolutely on its way!

The same this happened.
No notification again 🙊

Wife asking me to call again and again, it’s a whole big thing in our house. 🤷🏼‍♀️

A month passed and I called again. I actually don’t recall this one but the lady said maybe a previous agent hadn’t formatted the address correctly and that would maybe solve it.
RE-initiated again.

The same thing happened, again.
Nobody told me there was a problem 🙊
Wife continues to ask me 🤷🏼‍♀️

After Christmas we did some Spring cleaning and found the original gift card so I called up again with the idea that we should just put the balance back on that card. After a 90 minute call, we did it!

One catch, because I originally said it was lost there was a hold on the card. The agent attempted to lift the hold. Discovering she couldn’t, said ‘just go into the store, they’ll be able to activate it for you’. Finally!

I went into the store 🕺🏼🏫

‘Hi I’d like to have the hold on this gift card lifted’.
I have my case ID and she called the gift card support folks. The line at the desk grew while she waited on hold. Eventually she took a few customers with the phone still to her ear. She was sort of arguing with the agent on the phone and so gathered that there was still a problem.
She eventually gave me the card back with my ID and said maybe go to the Glendale store where it was originally bought.

That was last night.

Maybe you guys are already aware of some weaknesses with the system of customer support, and I know it’s a complicated part of the business so I’m conscious not to wildly complain. Maybe you see some opportunities to improve?

Would love to talk about how we can resolve this.

Peter {removed per forum guidelines}
Case ID: {removed per forum guidelines}

Not so pleasant experience in store

So Today, I was approached by a store manager that asked me if I was this person. I said yes, He stated that an item i returned was shipped to another customer and the item was then sent back to the store. The manager stated that he wanted the original item back and that he would be calling me in a couple days. So I told him that the item i returned was returned that day and it was unopened. I proceeded to go to check out with my items I was buying and was given very disgusted looks at the mobile rep and a few other workers in the store. So what right does this manager have? I returned the item that I purchased same day because I was getting that item for christmas as was told to me by one of my family memebers. I was abit embarrassed for there were a decent amount of people around. Definitely do not plan on going back to that store 

Best Buy Employee

Re: Return Policy

Hello @JKG4,

I know sometimes this can happen when we wait too long to act. One thing I know, though, Best Buy has evolved and done so well is to competitively make these holiday extended windows a tradition and seamless. You still have a valuable Fitbit that you can give as a gift.

***Please be advised that while I am an employee of Best Buy, I am here on my own time just like yourself. I am here simply to offer insight and information from a regular employee point of view. My comments are my own and not representative of Best Buy Co., Inc. I AM NOT A FORUM MODERATOR; therefore, I cannot look in to order/account information. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you in order to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Best Buy Employee

Re: Not so pleasant experience in store

Hello @Kevinziki,

I gues some consfusion came up during this process from the product you were given as a gift and returned. But, then being asked to confirm it was yours since it was shipped elsewhere. I see how that could come across when you have it but questioned who it belongs to.

***Please be advised that while I am an employee of Best Buy, I am here on my own time just like yourself. I am here simply to offer insight and information from a regular employee point of view. My comments are my own and not representative of Best Buy Co., Inc. I AM NOT A FORUM MODERATOR; therefore, I cannot look in to order/account information. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you in order to speed up the answer queue for other customers***