Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Please Help-Best Buy Member Pricing Price Match

I recently bought a new LG TV for $2199.99 and right now on Best Buy's website there is a my Best Buy offer price of 1979.99 that is valid until September 14th. I called and they told me they cannot match the price even though I am within my return period because there is a 10% off coupon that is being applied from my account. This made no sense to me because I can easily just go return the TV and repurchase the same TV for the price of $1979.99 and get a discount of $220. So after all this, I went into Best Buy chat and they told me that I should be able to get the discount as I am well within my return period and redirected me here. I am currently an Elite Plus member and I have the extended 45 day return policy as well. I have spent so much money at Best Buy as I have always been an Elite Plus member year after year. Just within the last month I purchased a macbook and numerous other things apart from this TV and I don't see why they can't give me the 10% discount that is in my account while I am within the return period. It would make things easier as I would not have to return the TV and you would not lose money having to resell it as an open box item. I would appreciate it if someone on here could help me as to how I should proceed with this price match. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Please Help-Best Buy Member Pricing Price Match

As far as I know they cant price match if you already used a coupon. They also dont reissue coupons if you return and repurchase it.

I didn’t use any coupons or anything towards it. I still have the coupon and it’s valid until September 14th. The person on the phone wouldn’t apply it and flat out told me to just return it and rebuy it and use the coupon. But the person on the chat said that it is possible to apply it since I am in the return period but that I would have to get in touch with someone higher up to do so. It just made no sense to me to have to return it in order to apply the coupon when it would be efficient if they can just apply it since I paid retail price with no coupons or any discounts. Plus they would have to sell it as a loss as an open box if I end up having to return it just so I can use the coupon. So that’s why I am wondering why it can’t be applied when I paid retail price and I am within my 45 day return period. I can easily just go return it and get another one but figured it would be better if I don’t have to go that route so they don’t lose money on having to give me the discount plus having to resell as open box at a loss.

Update: So I just went into the store and asked them and they went ahead and gave me the discount with the member price at $1979. I’m not sure why they didn’t want to do that over the phone and wanted me to physically return it when there really was no point in doing all that. They ended up doing like a fake return and had me rebuy the same tv at the discount without having to physically return it. Great customer support on the stores end!